New feature for subscribers and Liners

Thanks @daybreaker, just let me know if you need any troubleshooting done on my end.

Was liking the forum until now. :frowning: Itā€™s getting a little complicated and 2000 is a lot of posts.

5 Likes

@B_squared and @ThatDisneyGuy_outer1 - Yall have the same issue. The code I wrote isnt handling the spaces and special characters in your usernames. Iā€™ll manually add yall to the groups in a minute, and have a code fix for it tonight.

If anyone else has logged out and logged back in and still cant see the special forums, and has spaces or weird characters in their names, let me know, and I can just check your account and add you to the right groups manually.

Excellent! Thanks @daybreaker

Ok, you and @B_squared should be set.

Working great now, thanks!

Woo hoo! It is ridiculous how happy something little like this makes me, ha ha!
Now, since you mentioned that the issue was special characters in username:
my username is actually B-squared with a dash. Here on the forum it changes that dash to an underscore (or whatever you call that.) I donā€™t care one bit about how it looks, but it did make me wonder if the difference between the two would cause any issues.
Iā€™m sure youā€™ve got bigger fish to fry right now, though! :smiley:

Does anyone else think 2000 might be a little too high? Some folks have been on for a long time but donā€™t post 100 times a day. Maybe the threshold could be a touch lower, or could be set by a combination of number of posts and/or length of time since first post?

7 Likes

I am having the same issue and also have the same odd characters in my user name. Could you add me please?

@WendyWelcher_go_com You should be all set!

I wonder if this is discrimination because I donā€™t talk all that much

I tried logging out and logging back in @daybreaker , but it didnā€™t change anything. Maybe it is my long, space-riddled user nameā€¦

@Sing_a_ma_jig_Keli you should be all set!

Ahhhhā€¦ So THATā€™S why I was having issues!! Thanks for the fix!!

I donā€™t see any subscriber forumā€¦hmm

Ok. Signed in and out and found it.

@1st_trip_Dad you should be all set. Its part of the login bug that will be fixed tonight.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a truly terrible idea? One of the biggest complaints about Lines Chat was the fact that some ā€˜regularsā€™ (myself included, probably) had a tendency to get clique-y or consider themselves better than the occasional, infrequent, or first time users. It seems like this is formalizing that behavior, absolutely stating beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are tiers, that some users are better than others, etc. I canā€™t possibly see how that will help foster a community.

16 Likes

Pros: encourages more forum activity for those who care about getting access to ā€œLa Cavaā€

Cons: Activity could be meaningless, random comments to get to the magic number. Also what @Mr_Itty said.