New Enchantment Opening?

Absolutely. I am so crowd adverse that I have a hard time even watching live streams of it, to be honest. I don’t feel safe in big crowds like that.

1 Like

That’s my problem with the new shows… they’re too projection-focused and you need to be in front of the castle much more than you ever did, so the fireworks on their own aren’t as enjoyable. We always used to watch from behind the castle, or from a resort. Our room from Sunday-Wednesday on this trip has a castle view, but I don’t know how good the fireworks will be from there.

4 Likes

When I told the niece that we’d be able to see it this time (they were not running it yet when we went last year), she said “Oh… the thing with the giant tacos? I hate it.” I reminded her she hasn’t seen it yet, and she said “Those things are ugly, and I’m going to hate it.”

3 Likes

The tacos don’t look too, too bad during the day. I think they should show more animations on them instead of just a static-looking sign. The star gate, on the other had, is an eyesore during the day. It looks like a broken, run down Ferris wheel. They really could have made something dynamic and fun, but no, it looks awful.

The nighttime show almost makes up for it, but not quite.

2 Likes

I’m not joking, we walked into IG at RD last April and they were testing twinkle lights on them, and I said “Oh look, they’re testing”. She looked at them, and looked and me and went into a rant about how ugly the whole thing was. She was 7, and I was very surprised by how much grumpy old man, get off my laaaawn energy she had in her tone.

6 Likes

ROFL! I’m hoping she’ll appreciate them during the show, but she isn’t wrong.

1 Like

Maybe a hundred. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Really?!?

1 Like

No, maths is not his strong-point. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Oh, that’s right.

3 Likes

I did a search. There are only six.

2 Likes

It feels like more than that (I’m not complaining because I agree).

1 Like

Did you search for synonyms of trash?

3 Likes

Did you include “trashchantment” in your search because I distinctly remember you using that term as well

4 Likes

As far as the original question-- I will say that this will make a HUGE difference. I didn’t know much about the fireworks show at DL, and we watched from the Rivers of America area right after Fantasmic, so we saw the projections on water screens not the castle. But at the start they had a projection with audio of Walt and it really just hit me, because after watching Enchantment a couple of times and being very underwhelmed, the scene of Walt walking through the orange grove was just awesome. I wasn’t planning on watching the show on my Dec trip, but now I’ll likely make an effort.

2 Likes

This is me. I kind of like that its not a big deal so I have no Gino watching from a resort.

1 Like

I’m curious: what is so bad about it? I don’t get all the hate. Maybe because I don’t care that much about firework shows to begin with. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That has to be it. It’s the only explanation for not having a solid opinion one way or the other. This replaced an epic show which also replaced a previously epic show. This one is mediocre at best

1 Like

According to this article, Enchantment lacks a coherent storyline, the music is weak, and there are no elements that celebrate the 50th.

I can see that.

3 Likes

I have only watched from the hub once (and I vowed not to waste my time doing that again) but to answer your question: I don’t understand what they have done with the soundtrack. They own the original recordings, right? Why does the 50th fireworks not use them? The castle projections seemed to be planned by a group of Disney executives in a room that said “now let’s project pictures of these random 20 characters”, and it never, ever touched me the way every other MK show has- every other show.

5 Likes