New Disney Survey with Some Unique Options for Future Benefits for staying on-site?

Any of them would be a bonus at this point. They’ve stripped away most of the benefits of staying on park. It looks like they are trying to address that now at least.

3 Likes

It is possible Disney is throwing these kinds of things into the mix simply to put people off their scent. But I can’t foresee Disney doing any kind of verification of being on-site to use their transportation. They have NEVER done that, ever…but they generally always advertise using their on-site transportation for free. For those who aren’t “in the know” about Disney, people might worry about how they would get around, and so listing as an explicit benefit tells people they don’t have to rent a car, etc. It isn’t so much a benefit of staying on site versus off site, but that if you choose to stay on site, you don’t have to worry about transportation.

Historically, we’ve always stayed off property. Disney transportation isn’t even really something to worry about needing because, well…you don’t really need it. :slight_smile:

There was quite a bit of an uproar when Disney decided to start charging on-site guests for parking at the resorts…I have a hard time believing that they would ALSO charge, then, for parking at the parks. But this is Disney we’re talking about, so who knows?

1 Like

I still find this offensive since they have soooo much acreage to work with and resort rooms, tickets, food etc. are at a premium. I thought they might go back to NOT charging for parking at resorts when this question was posed. I think that would be a better move on their part and continuing to give resort guest free parking at parks too.

3 Likes

I really can’t either. The skeptic in me always wonders.

When Disney started Magical Express folks were postive the service wouldn’t remain free for long.

And, regarding the nighttime lobby show: my sister, her daughter and her daughter all view this as a must have. And here I was thinking it’s mostly a littles thing.

I know you’re happy off site. And that’s good. More room for us on site. :grin:

Again, parenthetically, there’s no rhyme or reason to the on site thing. :smirk:

The thing that gets me about this offering isn’t so much the price (which others have rightly mentioned–you know there will be a solid $10-15 delivery fee!), but the freshness. Even if I’m staying at the Polynesian and I order food from an MK restaurant, there’s no way the delivery will take less than 45 minutes, not counting the time it takes to prepare the food. They’ll batch these orders for delivery for efficiency’s sake (which is the right thing to do in terms of logistics) but it will cause delays. Very few things stay fresh and hot for that long, and that’s at a resort nearly adjacent to the park in question. I don’t even want to imagine how long it would take to get MK food delivered to Jambo House…

1 Like

True. I’ve never gotten food fresh from room service. And that is from a location within the hotel. I see the only people interested in that as tired people on the dining plan.

I have no first hand knowledge of WDW kitchen operations but from what l have read, many food items at WDW are prepared at a central kitchen and then final prep and presentation are done on-site. Freshness is relative. Similar to national chain sandwich shops with fresh baked bread, the stores get pre made bread loafs ready for the final baking phase.

Maybe that is what they are figuring, being able to charge a premium for a room service item that can be easily delivered anywhere and then finished on site.

1 Like

Ahhh! That certainly changes things. I imagine they could reconfigure said central kitchen(s) to take care of 100% of the process and bypass the physical theme park location entirely. That could be a game-changer for sure. Thanks!

You were correct.

@len does an extremely deep dive into this survey on this week’s Disney Dish podcast.

Very interesting listen, I recommend folks listen for themselves.

3 Likes