New Dining Plan?

And, if they change character meals to 2 credits, not only will we drop the dining plan, we will also remove the majority of the character meals from our plan. Wish Disney would put out some facts on this plan.

3 Likes

It better not or I might have a heart attack. I was crushed when they separated kid/adult QS credits.

2 Likes

Since all the plans do that now i would assume soā€¦

1 Like

Us too, that would be really upsetting.

Of course this would suck but makes sense for Disney. The buffet/character meals prices have gone up a lot recently but the DDP only went up a few dollars which honestly didnā€™t make a lot sense from their perspective. Letā€™s wait and see though before we sound the alarm.

3 Likes

Ugh I have a bad feeling about it. If they get bumped Iā€™ll be cancelling.

So we have to fully pay 30 days out. Would we need to cancel dining plan before that or can we closer?

Soā€¦the only difference between this and the dining plan seems to be unlimited non-alcoholic beverages with your meal. Otherwise I donā€™t see the difference.

You get two TS credits instead of one TS and one QS.

You can currently get refills with a TS credit, at most places anyway.

I had to call to modify a DVC reservation and thought I would ask about pricing as I happened to be talking to member services. They claimed they had no information that there even was a new plan coming out, so I guess we wonā€™t know anything more until later this week.

1 Like

Disney dining plan plus announced, but I canā€™t find pricing. Probably right in front of me, but I canā€™t find any of the prices.

On the Disney website. No breakout of character meals.

I was trying to do a booking to see the price, but of course ā€œbooking is temporarily unavailableā€.

1 Like

I was going through a booking last night (sadly a pretend one for pricing purposes) and it didnā€™t come up as an option on the UK site at all.

This is from the Dining Plans page. It seems to have just been loaded in the last hour or so - I found it on another forum.

Oh I see, I thought you meant it was there to be booked but then wouldnā€™t let you select it.

No, booking in general was down. About to check again.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike. I was just doing the same. Booking is still unavailable.

I expected it to be a little more

2 Likes

Yeah, with tax it came out to 90.60/night per adult (me). DxDP is 118.99/night per adult w/tax.

Staying with DxDP is $141.95 more for me, but Iā€™ve got a few 2 credit meals I donā€™t want to give up, so Iā€™m sticking with what I have just to keep the closer to all-inclusive feel.

1 Like

I love appetizers but after a couple of meals it becomes a lot for me. I think value wise the deluxe can save a lot of money. I could make this new plan work too but I agree with signature meals the deluxe plan cannot be beat.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also a resort price hike. I went to modify my reservation just to see what it would cost me and the room is $20/nt more than what i currently have. The new plan would be a break even for me, since we usually do 1 TS breakfast and 1 TS dinner and skip lunch. But when you add the $20 extra per night its no longer worth doing for convenience.