New crowd levels for July

I received emails on CL updates for both my February and May trips. Both heavy increases. I feel like this happened back in the fall and it ended up being a computer glitch.

1 Like

I certainly hope so. I’m not changing anything for awhile.
Most of my days went up a notch or two, but on one day HS went down to a 1. I don’t believe that. So we’ll see if things straighten out a bit.

I wasn’t saying you did. I was offering my opinion on how they could continue to drive onsite stays now that DAH is their revenue generation strategy.

1 Like

Actually I just looked at the Disney site - they don’t have any park hours scheduled for after July 3. So any hours TP has now are just a guess based on past history. Which makes sense, as Disney only schedules hours 6 months out.

For what it’s worth, July 3 does have an evening Extra Magic Hour scheduled.

2 Likes

Usually the EMH days are set when the schedule is released - it is just the actual hours that may change. I can’t recall seeing EMH being added post-schedule drop, except maybe during insane times like Christmas week.

1 Like

Actually, they have them scheduled, they just don’t post them. WDW used to release a TA calendar for the entire month over six months in advance, but they stopped doing that a while ago. However, KtP has an inside line on the schedule and posts park hours for the entire month much like the old TA calendar, so he has all of July 2019 up. See this post for more info:

2 Likes

August levels mainly went up but they didn’t mention changes to predicted park hours. It’s so wrong of Disney not to release hours in time for you to properly plan before ADR day. I’m getting worried now!

My crowd levels for April 7-11th have gone down by 2-3 levels per park per day. Last time I visited (Nov 2017) they went UP 3 crowd levels. Here’s hoping!

Same! I can start our ADRs next Thursday, and without knowing with 100% certainty the park schedule and when the “extras” will be offered it makes planning more stressful.

1 Like

I still have 4 weeks to go but I’m not confident that I’ll have any more idea of the actual hours by then. I persuaded my parents to stay onsite with us based on the perks and so I have planned pretty heavily around using EMH :confused:

Good luck to us all!

1 Like

@eightyeightkeys @missoverexcited See my link above to my post on KtP’s crowd calendar. Personally I do not trust his crowd estimates, but the hours he posts are usually spot on and well in advance of Day 180.

2 Likes

Yeah but don’t they frequently change 30 days out? I often see hours getting added…

If KtP’s hours are correct, EMHs are still happening in July.

I saw you’d posted it but assumed it was for subscribers only! I’ll check back in a couple of weeks for August, thanks!

Nope - anyone can access the basic calendars. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes they do, but at least you have a starting point. Better to know in advance of ADR day that HS is closing at 6:00 (presumably for a private event) so that you can adjust you park days accordingly.

1 Like

I’m going in July also and was delighted to see the drops in crowd level predictions! I don’t think it will change any of my planning, but it’s nice to hope that the parks won’t be (over) crowded.

I haven’t seen changes to the UOR predictions.

We are going to UOR for 2 nights prior to our Disney stay, and those crowd levels are still predicted to be rather high. We’ve never been there and am not familiar at all with the layout, so I’m hoping those predicted crowd levels drop as well, or rather, that the actual crowd levels will be lower than predicted!

No we didn’t get UOR changes for August.

UOR levels aren’t exactly comparable to WDW because the parks generally aren’t as busy. An 8 at UOR is more like a 7 or even a 6 at WDW.