Never Tell Me The Odds: A Family Trip Report

Yet somehow I am managing. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t really like sandwiches either. I love burgers and chicken sandwiches (on a bun). But I’m not a fan of cold cuts, soggy bread, etc.

2 Likes

I’m on Team Mickey Bar!

4 Likes

Same. Cold turkey on bread? Yuck.

2 Likes

Yay!!
I think we need @Jeff_AZ to do a poll–Mickey bar vs sandwich.

3 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear this. We have decided to go ahead with the trip. I am just not sure when we could go again so going to suck it up and make it work. If nothing else we have lots of ADRs so can spend the days eating. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

No, no, no! Mickey sandwich > Mickey Dilly bar from Dairy Queen.
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fun!! But it is the Mickey bar! I just had both.

2 Likes

So not to wreck the fun, but I just came back from a Covid test, in which they stuck that thing way way up my nose! I noticed my parents were sick at the airport, and I was sitting between them on the flight and the way home. My parents both went to the doctor and were given Covid test and antibiotics. I started with a bad sore throat today and some trouble breathing, so I went in myself. All rapid tests are negative. I’m almost positive it’s just a bug, but we wanted to be sure. I’m feeling a little better with some cold medicine!!!

10 Likes

Just to clarify, my heart here is an E1: I am saddened by how you’re not feeling well, and am offering support to you.

PS. When I had Covid, it wasn’t a sore throat so much as it felt like something was in there. I get a wicked sore throat before colds, and this was different. Different strains and YMMV, of course, but fingers crossed it’s just a quick bug!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m almost positive it’s just a cold! The cold medicine has already helped a little bit. I figured it would be coming my way as soon as I realized my parents were sick!

2 Likes

I worked at DQ in high school, when we actually made and packaged Diily Bars and other novelties in house! :yum:

2 Likes

It’s way better than a Dilly bar! I don’t even eat those!

2 Likes

My reason for Mickey Bar is easy - I can eat them. The sandwiches are not gluten-free, so…

Mickey Bar for me.

1 Like

For those of you with lightsabers - Did you decide to display them? If so, what did you find that works well?

Bethany bought a desk display for the hilt at Disney Springs because she wants something easy for her dorm room. They can’t really hang things. Brandon doesn’t have anything yet.

Both of my kids are still playing with them like little kids at Christmas! I’m cautious every time I enter a dark room now!

9 Likes

DH bought the wall mount thingamajig; we have to decide which location we are going to go with to place it and then it will go up.

I love the one pic I have of just the hilt on the stand while still at Savi’s, and I almost feel like I would want that for myself in my office.

1 Like

Don’t you have a SW Shrine in your house by now?? You’ve been back a while. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

6 Likes