Never needed a vacation more trip report

I hope he tries Hagrid’s first bc if he does VC and gets scared and skips Hagrid’s that would be awful! Hagrid’s is so much less terrifying.

5 Likes

We will definitely try Hagrid’s first!

5 Likes

We had burgers at the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, then back for Jimmy Fallon. Then we watched the Bourne Stuntacular where DS turned into a pill. He was crabby that we were watching a show and complaining that his feet hurt. We survived the experience (which I love) and headed up to Diagon Alley. DS was disappointed once again to learn that they no longer sell the potions that go into the Gilly Water (they said they stopped due to COVID but I know we’ve had them in the past year). Then we headed to the wand shop where he finally perked back up. Nephew got the Death Eater wand, DS got Peter Pettigrew and I got Queenie. Spirits lifted, we then headed to Escape from Gringotts. Lines are long, even with Express Pass. It was around 3:30 so I decided we could head back to the resort before dinner at RPR and Islands.

11 Likes

Finally happy boy

10 Likes

…and he ate too much too quick and now is suffering…

2 Likes

And it was nice to meet @rctmsu2000 in line at Islands!

9 Likes

Yes, fantastic meeting you! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

6 Likes

Thanks. We Lyfted back because DS felt so miserable….going to call it an early night. Playing UNO in the room.

2 Likes

We’ve moved on from UNO to Pitch

3 Likes

Did I miss a pic?!?!?!?

No, it was a quick meeting in line at the Wok experience at Islands! And we needed to make a hasty exit!

5 Likes

How was the wok experience?
We have this booked in July :shallow_pan_of_food::shallow_pan_of_food:

1 Like

We enjoy it quite a bit and DS is a big fan (hence the wolfing down that led to his demise). We have done it twice now - they have a yummy salad bar, egg drop soup and the wok meal that come with it. We definitely leave full.

3 Likes

Boys were slow this morning, so I left them behind and headed to IOA. I walked up to Hagrid’s to get a return time (it was 120 minute at 9:30), then went back to the entrance to rent a wheelchair for DS (best decision of the day). The boys arrived about 15 minutes later. The plan was to do Spiderman, but the line was atrocious, so we went up to Kong instead. After that, we headed to lunch at Mythos.

During lunch, my nephew talked himself out of Velocicoaster, but he was still in on Hagrid’s, so we headed there after lunch. He loved it and declared it his favorite ride there. Success.

Next a quick trip up to Forbidden Journey. Then we were sweltering, so we headed to Jurassic River Adventure where we got slightly wet.

Then off to the water rides where we got completely drenched (and had a ball doing so).

At that time, the storm clouds started rolling in, so we bailed and headed back to the resort for showers and relax until dinner. My nephew wants to head back to do Hagrid’s at night, so depending on the weather, we may do that.

10 Likes

I’m loving all these photos with fun borders that you and @rctmsu2000 have been posting.
I assume you have a MUP package?
Are you finding it easy to use??
I might pester you both for a beginner’s crash course at the end of your trip :laughing::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

It’s not as easy at Disney but not horrible either. You need to stop at each ride and find your photo and scan a card. Depending on how long the line is, it can take a few minutes.

3 Likes

I opted for the annual pass one since a) have annual pass & b) have two trips booked after this one

It was $170 after tax and yes, it’s not as nice as Disney as far as photo spots in front of scenic areas, but there’s plenty of ride photo opportunities and meet & greets

2 Likes

I ended up upgrading to the AP version as well.

3 Likes

It’s a bargain compared to the other options.

Do you know if it works for Volcano Bay too? I didn’t ask that and we will be doing that next June.

1 Like

I believe she said it did but the system is different over there so the card wouldn’t work

2 Likes