Never in my life see universal like this

Understood as I’ve come in holiday periods but still waited less and it wasn’t covid. There should be lower limits on crowds and more employees

100% I blame management. Cast members are very kind.

2 Likes

Weekends at Universal have been very busy since reopening, especially after the “buy one day get the rest of the year for free” deal for FL residents. Good news is Disney on Tuesday will be MUCH better.

My suggestion is, if you can, head to Guest Relations to lodge a complaint about not enough TMs to enforce mask protocols.

6 Likes

Strange about the mobile order, when we were there in July they made it really clear how to do it/when/how to get food once ordered and sitting. Of course there were like 10 people total per restaurant, so lots of staff and barely any guests. It is sad they have so many guests and so few working now.

2 Likes

It was pretty chaotic yesterday and there were not clear instructions.

1 Like

That is so frustrating! Hopefully it will be better at WDW.

2 Likes

That’s what the waitress said so I hope it gives me hope it can be done right because this experience leaves me with saying I’d wait till it was over to come back. Hopefully it will be over soon … velicoaster looks really cool. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It will I’m sure.

1 Like

you were right. Much better organized, marked and way more cast members. Disney is superior to universal!

1 Like

It sounds like universal really needs to get their act together with more than just social distancing measures. What a mess!

I think it has more to do with weekends Gus weekdays than any one resort being better. I visited WDW and UOR on both weekdays and UOR on weekends and it was the crowds.

Social distancing and mobile ordering were both a mess. But overall we still had an awesome trip.

1 Like

I’m going to reiterate what others were saying with line lengths being massively overstated. Alien Swirling Saucers said an hour and was 21 min according to my lines tracking.

3 Likes

That’s entirely possible. I just saw touring plans updated universal crowds to 10 for next Saturday. It’s crowded here at Hollywood studios and we’ve had to ask people to observe the line markers here too. I don’t see quite as many people wearing masks under their nose but there a sprinkling (or eating churros and coffee in line, etc). Disney seems to have more cast members directing outdoor traffic but could use people in the middle of lines to enforce those rules. I don’t like sounding rude to my neighbors to ask them to give me 6 feet but it doesn’t ruin the fun or magic for me either. It would just be preferable to not have to ask. As I typed that someone sat right next to my hubby while we are waiting for One Man’s Dream which I’ve never been able to catch as it’s always a preview. And the cast member walked right over and made him move. If I could give her a high five I would!

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear it didn’t deter you from still having a great time!

3 Likes

We want to go back!

4 Likes

Us too. We went in February for a week. Then we did an impromptu trip in August because of short Hagrid’s lines. We postponed a Disney trip from Jan 2021 for a year. DH said the other day, “Maybe we could go to Universal when we would have gone to Disney” The reason Universal is an option when Disney isn’t is because we have passes and we’ve been before.

2 Likes

What is Volcano Bay like on Saturdays right now? Debating if we should go there instead of a dry park next weekend.

We went on Columbus Day and it wasn’t too bad. Only Krakatau had a wait. Not sure if Saturday would be worse but I was pleasantly surprised after Sat and Sun in the dry parks

1 Like