Never in my life see universal like this

With express pass we’re waiting forever and without it it’s really long. The pathways feel as crowded as summer and Christmas season and it’s impossible to social distance. There is inconsistency from attraction to attraction on social distancing measures and no where near enough cast members to tell people to wear their masks which tons of people are not wearing them appropriately nor does a significant portion of people even try to social distance. I feel very uncomfortable and am spending more time standing and waiting than I ever have and we come pretty regularly. We go to Disney on Tuesday so I’ll post how they compare but a waitress here did tell me they are doing a better job so fingers crossed. It’s 2pm and I was told a 45 min wait for three broomsticks which I’ve never experienced. I understand covid increases cleaning time and less people on rides but it’s not in a proportion where it’s better or even parallel to normal crowd/wait times. I would recommend holding off on visits at least on weekends as my personal recommendation based on my experience this weekend.

8 Likes

So crazy. We at Universal too and head to Disney Tuesday! I saw the line for Three Broomsticks earlier and that is when we left the parks.

3 Likes

I will say it was okay till about 11am both days but the afternoons are madness. My touring plan is not working today. The wait for Shrek was 125 min yesterday on the sign and who waits 2 hours for Shrek? Crazy busy. I hope we both have a better WDW experience!

2 Likes

Also the virtual line system is a mess. I haven’t been able to secure a single one. I get tons of errors and freezes, etc and then they are gone and I start trying 15 min before they are released. Two teens and hubby trying to. All four zero success.

I think a lot of people saw the low crowds/lines in June/July and planned fall trips. I’d be very concerned with the circumstances I’ve been seeing online (which align with what the two posters in this thread are seeing). Universal has dialed back social distancing measures and increased capacity. Which means more people a lot closer together and less enforcing of rules :grimacing:

4 Likes

I hope so too! I felt the same way yesterday. We left in the early afternoon. Things were much better when we went back in the evening. Hoping for the same today.

1 Like

That was us yesterday. We had success when DS and I each tried for a single pass for the same time return. That worked. Trying for two never worked yesterday for us. It did today. Keep randomly checking. Ignore the suggested times that Universal says on the app.

Oh yes. Social distancing is not happening here.

Just found after waiting 45 min for three broomsticks that’s just for an inside table which I would rather eat outside. If you want to eat outside or don’t want to wait as long as there is a table outside you can mobile order and tell a cast member inside where you are. Do not make the same mistake we did!

4 Likes

So sorry. We ate there last night and it was a disaster. We were seated right away and then we mobile ordered. But we didn’t know you had to tell someone that we mobile ordered so that your order could be prepared. Which really makes no sense. And they people next to us didn’t know they were supposed to mobile order. So confusing.

1 Like

We just got “Richard”’s order. There is no Richard in our party.

I can’t like that. That is maddening.

We were lucky enough to overhear someone ask how to order but yeah no explanation on the process unless you ask. I’ll post it here in case someone needs it

1. either find your own table outside or wait in the line for an inside table which may start nowhere near the restaurant so ask people who look like they’re standing in line because there is no cast member to direct you
  2. once seated place an order on your phone and then find one of the couple of cast members working (and I do mean a couple. Come on universal put some more bodies on the ground). Let this cast member read your order number off your phone and tell them where you are seated

In theory you should get it delivered after this sometime. Ours has been ready for a bit according to the app but not delivered which is concerning given we got Richards drinks and food.

2 Likes

Good idea to post the directions because I would never have thought to tell someone that I placed a mobile order. Isn’t that the point of mobile ordering?

1 Like

Well, pre-covid when it is ready you would get it yourself.
There isn’t a place in the app to say which table you are at, so the TM’s fill that void.
The obvious solution would be to add a place to put the table#, but it seems that good IT and parks don’t go together.

5 Likes

ROFL! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Good point. I wish someone had told us though. I can understand when the order is ready needing someone to bring it to you but I didn’t know that you had to tell someone that you ordered so that they could even start preparing it.

1 Like

It’s Columbus Day weekend which is traditionally a Fall break for many schools.
The observations cited here are very consistent with a general breakdown in social distancing efforts that I am seeing here in my local area.\

I remember that this week last year at WDW was a mess so this spike in attendance isn’t totally unexpected.

5 Likes

Yes, fast food boulevard gave us a table number and explained the process to us. Had a place to scan the menu at the entrance too. Much better done over there

2 Likes

Looking at the data posted from yesterday, UOR Wait times are slightly higher than the same Saturday one year ago. Even though there is less people than last year, 2+ attractions from each park are not running and then factor in the health safety procedures that slow things down.

Seems like some pent up demand here too.

4 Likes