Nervous About Boulder Ridge Renovations

I guess I never saw this as a disadvantage because VGF and Poly aren’t attached either. The covered walkways are an advantage that the other two don’t have, and it still seems close to everything (to me).

This is so true - those rooms are so bad! The resort itself starts to change my mind, and then I remeber the room :joy: From those pictures though, I’m not sure the refurb is going to do it for me…and I wany to love BRV so badly!

Not a huge fan of those either, until the most recent Resort Studio stay… that building is close enough that it almost doesn’t matter. The separate buildings is why I’d choose Poly or GF last among deluxes, actually… I just don’t like it. I’m Boardwalk, Jambo House, Copper Creek, Beach Club all the way. The more integrated into the main resort the better.

My WDW stays went : offsite hotel, GF, POR, POP, BWV, BRV, Poly, Jambo. By the time I finally had the week long Jambo stay I will admit being in the main building felt like pure luxury! I totally get it.

My first 3 times staying at WDW were in the 90s at Dixie Landings (which is now POR Riverside), then ASS, ASM and then I stayed in the campground, in a tent.

After that I got to live it up in AKL and WL before the fateful trip where we added on a night in a 2br at SSR, did the DVC chat-up, and bought in.

Since then I’ve made the rounds of all the DVCs (Poly was my last one, this last trip), and added in a few girls trips, extra nights, or whole extra visits at CBR, PORFQ, Pop, AoA, Wilderness Cabins, CR (tower and garden wing… hated garden wing), and GF.

In other words, I’ve been around enough to know that I really am just not a fan of multiple building resorts. The resort studio rooms are nice enough and the building is close enough that I think I can overlook it there (though probably not during hurricane season… I want to be able to move about the lobby and such when I’m stuck inside), but otherwise I’ll stick with main building villas unless my dates are firm and there’s none available. If that’s the case then I’ll take SSR all day long.

1 Like

Are we talking about the same Boulder Ridge? I feel like those rooms are more heavily themed than many of the more recently renovated resorts. The screenshot of the new room doesn’t seem to be doing much for me. Interesting how they seem to be leaning into the 7 Dwarves…or is that a Bambi scene?

But the Beach Club villas are in a separate building too.

They make the list (barely… I added, removed, added, removed) because A. the building is separate, but physically close enough that it doesn’t really feel separate when I just need to run up to the marketplace for breakfast or to the desk for something, and B. on a trip with lots of pool time (which is when I’d actually stay there… it’s at the end of the list for a reason) SAB makes it worth a little inconvenience.

Did you see these pictures?

5 Likes

I was just coming on to post.

The 1-bed looks pretty nice. The dining seat is quite bright but I like the Innovo Murphy bed with shelving around it. Possible it also has those internal shelves when it’s pulled down too.

The mural in the bathroom is cute but not subtle!

We can’t tell if the 5th sleeper has been added to the living room, but at least in the studio it has some storage. I really hope they have added it to the larger villas, although I feel if they had they might have shown it in a picture.

1 Like

It’s not what I was expecting, but I don’t hate it.

I like it better than before, but it’s still got no unique thing that jumps out and says “This is why you should choose this resort!” Like… most other locations just have some new feature after a refurb, or there’s a signature thing that just makes them stand out. BR just kinda says “Look, I’m just as good as most of the other places. You could do worse.”