Need to vent a bit on BoG

I don’t remember if it’s on the app to pre-order or not, but I know it’s much easier to do it on the website, even on my phone iirc I used the website.

1 Like

You can’t preorder in the app. As @krwatkins says, it’s easy to do on the website.

1 Like

Ah. Well now I know! I blame y’all for not pre-edumacating me properly. Someone owes me the price of a mimosa! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Sounds similar to my experiences!!

1 Like

I’ve always gotten an email reminding me that I can pre-order that has a link to MDE on the website.

1 Like

Hmmm. I got the usual reservation reminder and don’t see anything in there about it. Not seeing anything else. (Not like I check email on vacay anyway, but…)

Maybe they have stopped. But I have gotten it at 30 days in advance before.

In October, I found it very disorganized as well. We had pre-ordered, and it still took at least 10 minutes in line, just to get our pre-order confirmed, and before that, it took us a few minutes to find the right line, and there were people in our line both in front of us and behind us who had not pre-ordered. Once inside, it took a long time for someone to get our order slip, and then another long time to get our food. I was not impressed at all. It seems like QS at this location is a bad experiment. I don’t think it makes the experience quicker at all.

The irony is not missed for me here that is for sure. Be Our Guest is the name but really it might have been named "Self Service in a Questionable Amount of Time :slight_smile:

For those that like it, it is a beautiful place and love the theming in the dining areas. Breakfast is solid there as well. Dinner was kind of “meh” but the surroundings are great. Like the French Onion soup! I find humor in many things and this one just doesn’t seem very Disney-like to me.

Who knows? Maybe I just overlooked it or my spam filter ate it or whatnot. We only booked 2 weeks before our trip (yeah reservation finder!) so maybe we fell into a timing gap. I found my original booking confirmation email, nothing there either. Lol. Sounds like we’ve all “put their service to the test” and marks aren’t stellar. The rooms were beautiful and breakfast was yummy though. Don’t regret doing it at all, just definitely not a slick process.

2 Likes

We didn’t get one in August either.

2 Likes

It seems as if they stopped sending all ADR follow up emails?

1 Like

We got a reminder for each the day before when we were there in early January. And a booking confirmation for each we booked in December. Just nothing about online ordering for BOG.

We got an email remainder at 30 days to pre order lunch for our reservation in December 2019.

1 Like

Funny, I had ADRs in August and December with no reminders.

I have been getting confirmations, just not the reminders the day before. I know someone posted on chat they thought it was a strategy to collect the $10 fee but maybe it is email provider issues.

1 Like

We had a 1:30 PM reservation. We stood in line 25 minutes just to pay for our order. They didn’t have a different line for people who preordered. I didn’t understand why they didn’t just charge my credit card on file like they do when I mobile ordered. And why can’t I just confirm that I’m here when I sit down. There could be a kiosk at the table for me to enter my reservation number.

Since it was rather late, there were plenty of tables available. We could have sat anywhere. The rose room was so dark. None of us wanted to sit in there. We wanted to see our food! We sat in the main ballroom. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas.

Our food arrived within 20 minutes after paying. All the hot food arrived hot. We had the Braised Chicken, French Onion Soup, Chicken Salad, French Dip Sandwich, Master’s Cupcake, and Lemon Meringue Cupcake. This was enough for 4 adults, all over 18, who are foodies. The French Onion Soup was too tasty. We added some hot water and then it was delicious. The other entrees were good. The cupcakes were tiny and $5/each. The Grey stuff wasn’t chalked up to the hype, in our opinions. My kids said I make a better chocolate cupcake and a far superior lemon cupcake! :blush:

2 Likes

We ordered ahead during our trip in January and still waited 45+ minutes between the initial check-in and sitting down to eat. Laughable that they call it quick service. One and done for us.

1 Like

True - but it’s bragging rights to say you’ve tried it. :wink:

2 Likes

My understanding is that the grey stuff in the movie was supposed to be pate. I imagine most people will find Disney’s version more appetizing. :joy:

3 Likes

Ugh… give me BOG’s grey stuff!

2 Likes