Need some advice

That’s actually the home resort of the timeshare I have access to. If I could trade for a Disney resort, I would do it, but it would have to be available. If not, we would probably stay at the Sheraton.

How about California. Do DisneyLand and then enjoy the Beach in San Diego - perhaps even pop up to northern California. You get a Disney and she can get some California relaxation. She knows that Disney will be BOXED to 2 or 3 days max and then you literally drive onto something else.

1 Like

That would be awesome. Neither of us have ever been to Disneyland. I would love to make that trip.

My wife and I did an “adults only” trip for our 5th wedding anniversary last May (our son had gone with us that December so we couldn’t take him out of school twice the same school year for Disney. Instead he stayed home with Grammy).

We hit the Spa at the Grand Floridian for a couples massage. Victoria & Albert’s Chefs table, did the Mareline to Magic Kingdom Tour… and played the rest by ear… It was relaxing.

Had our son been with us, my wife would have done the spa by herself (I’m not into massages, only did it because she wanted to).

Don’t forget about the water sports at the Contemporary, Resort hopping is nice, but you usually can’t do much more than sight see (you can’t pool hop) or schedule a meal there, so it could get boring for the kids quick.

Going easy on your ride schedule and scheduling a resort day or two in there (depending on how long you stay), are easy ways to relax. Going light on the rides is easier if you have more frequent trips… i.e. You can ride less this trip, because you’ll be back soon…

Disney Springs is high end shopping, and a few good restaurants now. Your wife might like it, and the ability to leisurely walk around, but the kids might not.

Remember, whatever “relaxing” options you have, the kids have to like them too or they could become bored and then start acting up,etc. which will take away from the relaxation.

My wife isn’t as much of a Disney nut as I am. But she goes. She likes seeing our son experience it. His expressions and reactions, especially as he grows. (we took him at 1.5yrs, 3.5yrs, 5.5yrs, 6.9yrs, just took him to Disneyland (8yrs) and go back to WDW in 58 days with friends, then again in October.

1 Like

I’m more than a pretty face

1 Like

I think the bigger issue is that wifie wants to go somewhere else as a whole. Even if you do it in a more relaxing pace - there will be resistance going into the vacation due to past experiences. If the NEXT trip to WDW is relaxing - spa, pool, whatever then you can set up the expectation of a more relaxing time. I LOVE WDW - but it is wonderful going elsewhere as well.

4 Likes

I was in same boat as you a few times. Here are a few suggestions:

1. suggest that you make breakfast at time-share, and buy groceries to make your lunches, avoiding the cost of park food for everything but dinner.

2. suggest you not do too many sit-down meals, because they are expensive. And suggest some lower cost counter service locations.

3. Suggest you don’t do the hopper option and save on one park a day.

4. (this one was new to us but a sound strategy) take a seven or eight day trip, and only go to the parks every other day. That was you have a chill out/sleep in day when you stay late for fireworks. Then on the “off” days, do to Disney Springs or do things like take the monorail to the different resorts and walk arond, have a picnic, etc. It saves that back-to-back burn out.

5. suggest you do a few things that SHE find fun around the resort, like miniature golfing, outlet shopping, etc…on those off days.

6. Offer her a month of evening foot massages if she says yes. :slight_smile:
    Hope these help

2 Likes