Need help with planning my HS day tomorrow bc 3 kids means zero time to be on here planning!

You all are amazing! :heart_eyes: I love how you jumped up to help a fellow liner plan a great day for their young family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

For reference on the MMRR vs SDD first debate: we were in line for MMRR by 9:20 on a 10 am open. We waited 25 minutes. By the time we got out the SDD line was at least an hourā€¦it was backed up past the Little Mermaid show entrance. But if we had gone to SDD first we would have knocked that out quickly, and I doubt that at 9:20 there was much of a line there. Both of those lines are hot as thereā€™s not much shade for the first half of them. Both of them have short waits right before close. We really loved MMRR though and wanted to ride it again, and we had ridden SDD twice before. Soā€¦itā€™s totally up to you. But if youā€™re ok with only riding things once Iā€™d do TSL first because itā€™s so darned hot over there.

2 Likes

Butā€¦if you can be one of the very first people in the park then you can ride MMRR and SDD and TSMM all before 10. But it might not be worth that much effort to be so early, haha.

1 Like

I can see this. Because we got there at 8:35 and were so close to the front of the line we didnā€™t wait for MMRR and the SDD line was still right by the entrance. However the 35 min TSM line (which was a 5 min wait when we got in line for SDD) wrapped all the way beyond Mermaid and was technically closed though we hovered till they opened it up. And with three young kids and a group of 7 people I think TSL makes a great first start. So I second. :wink:

1 Like

We were waiting at 8:16 but my DD has to go to the bathroom right as the park opened so we didnā€™t make it to MMRR as early as planned/hoped. It was so frustrating.

Also since the lines donā€™t go into the actual queues for awhile you donā€™t have to keep all the members in line until the end. My teens often found a bench near the actual ride entrance and jump in last second. The actual queue lines tend to be short with social distancing. So just another way to help keep the kids from having to endure the lines some.

1 Like

On our last day my son was in the shower two min before I had told him we were leaving! It was for MK so not as big a deal but what can you do especially when theyā€™re teens!

1 Like

Okay so updated plan based our your suggestions and not wanting to be criss-crossing the park all day! We will be at bus stop at 845 to get to HS by 915 930 ish and then follow this plan with time built in for bathroom breaks and riding SDD and some things in TSL twice if time permits in the am. THANK YOU all for your help! I can rest tonight knowing Iā€™ve done what I can do to make tomorrow the best day possible :grin::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Yay! And your waits for SDD and TSMM should not be that long if you go there first before official park open. Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to hear how it went so keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Great help here Liners!

Whatā€™s the consensus on when to ride Smugglerā€™s Run? Our plan is to get to HS early, head straight to MMRR. After Boarding Group drama at 10, is it best to go to Smugglers Run or save that for later in the evening?

We just got home last night from 7 days in the parks! What we found is that both the Disney posted wait times and the TP wait times were not super accurate. We felt that throughout the day, there would be some pretty extreme fluctuation in wait times for the headliner rides (and even some of the less popular attractions). Fortunately, we had 2 days in each park except AK so we were able to learn on the go and gauge whether or not to wait based on where the end of the queue was. We would check the Lines app and see that a particular ride would have a lower wait time and say ā€œRide Nowā€ and by the time we took the 5 min walk, the wait time would have doubled to tripled. I think itā€™s all very unpredictable right now. MDE wait times seemed to be generally exaggerated to accommodate for cleaning cycles. Sometimes we would spend 45-60 min waiting in line for a headliner only to get off and practically walk on right after for a second ride. Or vice versa, we would walk on a ride, like TSM and exit to a posted wait time of 35 or 40 min. I feel like we put on a ton of extra miles because of this. One of our MK days, our kids got in line for the carousel while DH and I stood in line for 7DMT. Predicted wait time for 7D was 60 min and for the carousel it was 24 min. The kids almost missed 7D because they were at the carousel for over 45 min. It can get really frustrating. The best advice I can give is to just go with the flow and set low expectations.

3 Likes

Both of our HS days, we were in line at the gate by 8:45. Both days we went straight to MMRR, the ride opened at 9:20-9:25. The first day we went to TSM next and were able to ride before boarding group time. The second day, we rode MMRR and then relaxed with coffee and waited for BG time. The SDD line was back to Little Mermaid both mornings by 9:30-9:40

1 Like

Iā€™d vote later. Itā€™s line is pretty consistent at 45min-ish and itā€™s shaded. We did it right before our BG was called for RotR. There is a countdown clock and your BG will be valid for awhile (I think it was an hour but maybe 45 min) so you can time this pretty well.

1 Like

Yes SDD gets long but it moved pretty quickly. RnR on the other hand was the slow mover for us (we must have caught it during a cleaning) and we were baking in the 3 or 4pm sun.

1 Like

We had that problem our first day at MK. Almost every line we got in, we hit the cleaning cycle!

And we had no issues with RnR but we baked in SDD line a few times. Thatā€™s kind of what I was getting atā€¦it was so unpredictable and inconsistent. Headliner lines at all the parks seemed to fluctuate greatly throughout the day.