Need help with my HS TP

Ok, so we are spending the day at HS on Thursday 8/25. We have a Fantasmic Package ADR at Hollywood Brown Derby for 1:35, then back to resort for nap and chill time. We return to HS by 7:00.
My plan has 0 free time. I want to be prepared to skip an attraction to save time and sanity if needed. If you had to skip one attraction there, what would it be?
I have The Great Movie Ride, Muppet Vision 3D, and One Man’s Dream on my chopping block :wink:.
This is a first trip for our DD8 and DD10 AND and they love Star Wars so we can’t miss any of those attractions. We will RD RnR and have FPP for MM, Star Tours, and VoLM. TIA!
http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1820361

Make your TP public and post a link and you’ll get detailed reviews and suggestions. :slight_smile:
Agree, that GMR and OMD are utterly choppable. We love Muppets because it’s air-conditioned, 3D, and relaxing. In fact, I’d drop VoLM before I’d drop Muppets.

1 Like

TY! I published my plan and added the link to my original post. I really don’t want to miss Muppets because they will take me back to my own childhood, I was a Muppet Show superfan back in the day :smile:

Don’t know if this helps but on our prior Trip our whole crew loved muppets and enjoyed GMR, but did not care for OMD and won’t be doing it this visit.

1 Like

I presume you’ll be doing Rock n Roll first and you just put it second incase you’re late? What is the CL? The end of the day is tight with Jedi Training, Fantasmic & Fireworks. I’d switch Jedi training with Launch Pad.

Ok, I reorganized things, changed my fastpass from VoLM to M3D. I think this is better. Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

We are also Star Wars fans. For our October trip we will skip VoLM (it is in our opinion boring and dated - and you get a better LM experience in MK anyway) and instead have enough free time in our TP to be able to trade with the Jawas at Launch Bay and let DS7 build his own light saber and droid at Tatooine Traders (the gift shop at the exit of Star Tours) :smile:

1 Like

Fantasmic is 25 minutes long and it starts at 8:30. The fireworks start at 8:45. You will not be able to see both in one night.

1 Like

Is your HBD a dinner package? Are you willing to give up Fantasmic for the fireworks?

We do have the Fantasmic dining package. Is it worth cancelling that to see the Star Wars display? None of us have ever seen either show.

If Star Wars is your priority I would do the fireworks. Look at the menu and see, do you have the dining plan? Would you like to eat at HBD? It is 2 credits but it does come with an app, so if you would like to eat there you might be better keeping the package and just giving away the vouchers.

1 Like

I don’t have a dining plan. We may decide the day of and end up giving away the Fantasmic VIP vouchers. We will have to take a family vote I guess!

1 Like

Are you sure about those times? Usually Fantasmic starts 8:30 and fireworks start at 9:15, but TP tries to get you to both early. Last visit we walked out of Fantasmic and were perfectly placed for fireworks.

1 Like

Ew… last week in August schedule has times as you quoted, sorry for questioning. Yuck! https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_August.pdf

1 Like

This is a fantastic TP, I love it. (Well, as discussed, I’d ditch VoLM, but your family may not go for it!)
Also, if you’re not planning on seeing Fantasmic (honestly, I wasn’t a huge fan - I’d prefer the Star Wars Fireworks any day), then see about rebooking your HBD meal to a regular a la carte reservation rather than the (more $$) dining package. (Did HBD first time in April it was amazing!)

1 Like

Don’t change your fantasmic package yet, they might still change the time of either Fantasmic or the Fireworks. I can’t imagine they would have fireworks in 2 places at once, but if the fireworks don’t start till after the projections maybe the fireworks won’t actually clash.

1 Like

Thank you all for your advice! I am going to wait and see…hoping that the powers that be will see that having F! And SW shows on top of eachother is a bad idea.
It’s so hard to know which show we would like more because we have seen neither. Though I cant help but think …if this is my biggest problem of the trip then I’m getting off easy :wink:

2 Likes