Need help picking park days

My teen daughters and myself will be at WDW Sept.7-13th. It will be my 14yr old and myself 7th-9th, with 17yr old joining the 9th-13th. I am having trouble picking my park days. 14yr old LOVES GE, so wants 2 days HS, 2 days MK, 2days AK, (LOVES Pandora) she sort of wants to do Epcot. 17yr old only wants AK and MK. Crowd calendar says the parks are at a 1 all week. So does it really matter what day’s I choose for which parks? I’m thinking Th-Sun will be alternate AK and MK since both girls want to do both of those parks, but I’m concerned about the parks being more crowded. Any suggestions for how to plan my park days? Thanks!

MK tends to be more affected by weekend crowds. I would spend 7th and 8th in HS and Epcot, since your 17 year old prefers MK and AK. then do MK on Wed and Thu with AK at the end of the trip.

But honestly, even on weekends the crowds should not be too bad the week after Labour day. So maybe alternating days between MK and AK towards the end if trip and doing HS and EP with 14 to?

I was thinking along those lines…MK AK Th/F, deciding which they prefer Saturday and then 1/2 day Sunday before we leave. M/T/W I’ll do HS and Epcot with 14yr old. I currently have a park reservation for HS on Monday (Labor Day). We plan on getting there around 12-1 and trying for ROTR at 2pm and staying late for park closing. She loves GE at night. I am wondering if I should switch this reservation to Tuesday. I’m wondering if Labor Day at HS will be busy.

Are you arriving on Monday morning? You would have much higher chance of riding ROTR if you are in the park for 10 am boarding group distribution.

We are driving in Monday morning. I can’t get to HS by 10. I will also plan another day for HS and the 10am ROTR. Is the 2pm time slot for ROTR more like overflow so less availability?

It depends how good the ROTR is operating on that day.
There is a good thread on ROTR specifically:

1 Like

Thanks again!

I agree with the above - Do the more popular parks, MK / DHS, on weekdays & EP / AK on the weekend.

ICYMI - Be aware, all the parks are cutting their hours by 1 - 2 hours starting Sept. 8

Yes, we’re sad we won’t be in the parks at night. The crowd calendar says all parks all days (Monday LaborDay Sept.7-13th Sunday) are a 1. So according to the crowd calendar I could pick any park any day of the week keeping in mind weekends would be a little bit crowder. Is this really true…a 1 all week? I can plan my days according to low crowds all week?

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long

1 Like