Need a few recommendations on packing

That’s a great packable hat.

I’ve always used a visor, wrap around kind, rather than just a forward facing bill.

Beginning to feel more sun on my noggin so I’m contemplating big brimmed hats.

Contemplating is probably as far as I’ll get for awhile. I’ve never been a hat person. People in hats make me wonder - isn’t your head hot?
:blush:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just an illusion from having my face shaded, but I always swear that I feel cooler with a wide brimmed sunhat on. YMMV!

1 Like

I definitely want my face shaded when there’s a lot of sunshine around! Helps my eyes as well tho I do have sunglasses.

Never wore a hat or scarf in winter - used to have very thick hair. Hats seemed to suffocate my head. So in summer, I’d use a visor.

I just don’t have hat experience. :blush:

2 Likes

I have lots of hair, and I love a hat in Texas. Particularly after that time I got a bad sunburn at my hairline that was above my visor.
When it gets hot, I’ll take my Australian sunhat and go to a sink and get it wet. It looks perfectly normal when I wear it, but the evaporation makes it cool.

3 Likes

I agree, I always feel a little cooler with a sunhat on. Anything to deflect direct sunlight, especially the strong Florida sun really helps me.

I love the hat you posted, I think I might order one for me and one for DD9 as well.

1 Like

I have had a few bad sunburns on my scalp where I part my hair. There is nothing like forgetting you did that and brushing your hair the next day. I rarely go out in the summer without some sort of hat these days.

1 Like

My grandmother’s best friend lost most of her hair after a bad sunburn on her scalp. Admittedly she was old but still in the spry long-walk-on-the-beach-holding-hands-with-her-husband sort of way. Seems to be more likely with blondes. I’m always trying to put a hat on my blonde daughter.

1 Like

That’s so painful! I love the sunscreen spray for getting coverage there, especially at the beach as DD now refuses to wear a hat in the water. (Reasonably so, hats don’t work so well now that she swims underwater.) I feel like I can get the skin covered without having too too much end up in the hair.

1 Like