NDR -- Thank you, teachers!

I know that we have many teachers on this forum, and I just wanted to take a moment to say a huge thank you to all of you. I have three kids in three different schools which cover two school districts. As I get daily emails from teachers and superintendents, I am realizing that you guys are not getting enough credit for everything you are doing right now. Almost overnight, our educators were told they had to modify the way they teach our kids. They had to set up for e-learning. Then, in our state, when they were all ready to go, the governor declared Act of God days which essentially prohibited the type of learning they were all set to do. So they quickly buckled down and rolled out “enrichment activities” in a matter of 24 hours so our children could keep up their skills. And now they are facing down what may well be two full months of e-learning, all to keep our kids on track and able to graduate or advance to their next grade on schedule. I want to thank you all and send you extra special hugs and pixie dust! I think you are some of the unsung heroes of this insanity. :heart:

29 Likes

Agreed!! Teachers and school administrators deserve extra props for rolling with the punches and responding as they have!

7 Likes

Go teachers!!
Curse you forum it is valid!!

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I’m only laughing because I can relate.

1 Like

I hate that feature and liner jail…

1 Like

Liner jail is the worst!

Ack! What feature? Am I headed for Liner jail? :astonished:

Liner jail is when you respond six times in a row to a thread. It shuts you down from any further response. Someone has to respond to you to free you.

Okay, that actually made me laugh! Thanks for the clarification!

4 Likes

So respond to your fellow liners and keep them out of jail!!:joy:

4 Likes

As a teacher, THANK YOU!!

In NYC we got three days (today was at the principal’s discretion and since my school rocked it, we were basically free today) to completely transition to digital learning and it has not been easy. I literally almost quit on Wednesday I was so frustrated. Now that I have some basics down and my principal has said that she is totally fine with functional lessons (my cat is going to star in a “caring for pets” science lesson - probably a video in case she doesn’t want to behave) since I’m in a special ed school (and she also said how proud she is of us as we were light years ahead of a lot of other schools - special ed and general ed) I am feeling a bit better about it.

The plan was (and I guess technically still is) to try and open up after our scheduled Spring Break, but given that they have just cancelled state-wide testing for the year (and as my principal said this morning on our video chat that they have heavily invested in this), I am pretty much expecting we aren’t going back. (Though knowing the mayor I would not put it past him to try.)

But seriously - thank you for supporting your teachers!!

8 Likes

Thank you for all you are doing!

3 Likes

Hello! I posted this in chat, but I will here as well. I taught online for 13 years and some of my great colleagues posted this as a resources for teachers trying to convert to online. Good luck out there! You are fabulous and providing students with much needed community.

https://sites.google.com/view/zerotoonline/home?authuser=0

6 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

Cat. Behave.

3 Likes

Thank you for the resources!

1 Like

I am also a teacher and I have to say thank you guys for all the kind words in this thread! I hope you are all fairing well in this wild time!

4 Likes

Is it ok to share this link?

Yes! I hope that it helps!

1 Like

Thank you! I think when we are extended we will be trying to expand the online learning to all grades and this would help some teachers.

1 Like