NDR: Galveston – Port Bolivar Ferry

What is GBR and why is it a sight?

Many, many, many moons ago, when I was 19, my then boyfriend and I went to Six Flags and Schlitterbahn. Only he was the navigation and couldnt tell north from south on a map. And he couldn’t drive. We were on our way to Schlitterbahn from a hotel right outside of Six Flags and got off on the wrong exit. An hour later and many more wrong exit we gave up and just kept going south till I found I-10. We never made it to Schlitterbahn.

3 Likes

George R Brown Convention Center in central (?) Houston. April 2022 it was the venue for FIRST FRC World Championship robotics matches. 3 long days worth of competition. :smile: Our team arrived earlier but left Saturday as soon as possible after the last match.

35 000 robotics people - kids on teams, parents, mentors, volunteers, vendors, idk who. Just the ones who qualified to go to Houston.

1 Like

Gotcha :+1:
Thank you

1 Like

Randomly remembered this thread today when DH came home saying that his parents are taking us on a cruise next year out of Galveston, which we’ve never done. Now I’m curious to know which cruise you are taking? They want to do seven nights and it sounds like I get to do the planning, which is a gift to me all by itself. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi!
We leave this Thursday to head to TX. We are doing a five night on Voyager of the Seas. I intend to live post my TR.

I WISH I’d booked 7-n Carnival Vista. But whatever. We will have a great trip. :heart:.

Happy planning!!! It is a big part of the fun to us liners.

6 Likes

Yea for Thursday! :partying_face:

1 Like

So fun! We will probably be traveling the same week next year. I’m excited for your trip report! I know basically zero things about cruising but am certain we will have a fantastic time.

Safe travels!

2 Likes