NDR: Busch Gardens Williamsburg 7/3-7/4

Have fun at BGW! Just a heads up that they open the lands in waves. There is usually a sign at the front of the park telling you when each section opens.

This is one of my “home parks” so I’m happy to answer questions.

1 Like

Lol home park is my biggest question-

I am considering the platinum AP for BG- because of the access to all parks. I do think at this point I can 100% make use of it but can’t decide which park as a home park as the benefits only apply at the home location.

I picked up a timeshare unit in Williamsburg so at least for this year it’s 7 nights 8 days…I don’t think I will spend every day there but will definitely spend minimum 2-3 days exploring.

So far this year I have been in Tampa 6 times with my son - he is training for work…I get stuck board to tears in the Hampton Inn. At least once a week during the stays I wind up driving us to EPCOT for dinner. BG Tampa seems a lot closer.

And honestly haven’t been to sea world since 1974 so bopping in there would be a nice chance of pace.

• so my question is how to choose a home park for the advantages such as parking ect…

My initial thought is I get VA pass for me…
Tampa pass for my son
Sea world for my other son that lives in west palm - at that point parking is covered all around right?

Is this reasonable? Necessary?

1 Like

Oh that’s so exciting! We’re platinum pass holders for BGW and just went to BGT and Seaworld last week!

Even though I didn’t get all of the extras, we still got a lot! We always got preferred parking for free, 20% off food, and 40% off merch. We were told that we wouldn’t get the preferred parking at the other parks but it worked out.

I think splitting the platinum passes across all three of you sounds great! The only thing I wish I had but didn’t have at BGT, etc was the PhotoPass and maybe the daily free quick queue. If each of you had a different home park, you’d be able to cover the PhotoPass part of that’s important to your family.

Seaworld parks require that you to pick up your platinum pass at your home park. Cedar Fair allows for more flexibility. So consider if you want to get become a pass member on your upcoming trip. I believe that they will allow you to upgrade to platinum on the same day.

Also, I love being a platinum BGW member! The “freebies” are really impressive. They gave us each two free food and wine items per person per visit. We visited 3-5 days for that event so all of that free food really added up. They’re giving away $10 in park bucks at the waterpark this month. And we get one free quick queue per person per day.

I hope that helps! I’m curious what you decide.

1 Like

Oh seriously didn’t even realize they had a water park!.

If that’s the case than I think one us takes a park will work best…

1 Like

Oh yes! Waterpark USA is lovely! It’s my second favorite after Volcano Bay.

BGT also has a waterpark but we didn’t visit it.

It’s good that you have a solution!

1 Like