My WDW47 challenge

While I do not anticipate actually doing this myself, I really enjoyed your recap. It was very enthralling! Thank you. Now it has me wondering if I could infuse some of your methods to create a very productive short trip, hmmmm? The possibilities!

2 Likes

Thanks for reviving this thread! I want to do this so badly! Weā€™re going next month, but itā€™s the whole family (6 of us). Probably I could suck one of my kids into doing it with me, but thereā€™s no way all of them will. DH and I are going back solo in Oct, so that is probably a more realistic time, but heā€™s not so on board. He for sure thinks I wouldnā€™t make it. How much fast walking/running did you have to do? Was your heart racing the whole time from the running & stress? I donā€™t have any health problems that would require me to consult a doctor first, but my stamina may come into question. :wink:

2 Likes

Hello. I didnā€™t do too much running, just a little here and there. I walk fast pretty much the whole time but never was my hear rate really ever high. I did run a marathon six weeks prior so I was in pretty decent shape. Even if your heartrate does get a little accelerated, it comes down during the ride itself. There are many time you get long period of rests like Carousel of Progress, Liberty River Boat, Wildlife Express, Safari, Spaceship Earth, Living with the Landā€¦ You should go for it, just keep in mind that if your goal is truly to do all 49 rides with Toy Story Land, there has to be no refurbishments going on and you need at a minimum 16 hour operational day and that may even be a stretch. There are 16 teams attempting again on 7/25/2018 so hope you follow along. Hope it works out for you in October. When are you going in June? I will be there 6/9-6/18.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed the write up and I totally understand why most people have no desire to do this :).

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know. Iā€™m totally going to go for it in October. Iā€™ll check out the park hours and refurb calendars to see if thereā€™s any potential hangups. Iā€™ll for sure follow along 7/25! Thanks for the heads up!
Weā€™ll just miss you in June - weā€™re going 6/21-6/27. Iā€™m hoping if I sit outside Toy Story Land and cry theyā€™ll let me in :smile:

3 Likes

What an awesome adventure!!! Great write up!!! It was fun to read and follow along in my head! So fun!! Great job!!!

2 Likes

Awesome write up! I love reading through everyoneā€™s run days. I see you did the rafts :wink:

1 Like

What an awesome adventure!!! Great write up!!! It was fun to read and follow along in my head! So fun!! Great job!!!

I totally agree with mission space orange! :nauseated_face:!! Awesome fun!!!
~Amy