My rope drops are going downhill

I’m sorry. I hope you can have a do-over trip where everything is magical.

Hope surgery went well.

1 Like

things are going better. We decided to stay. wife is out of hospital. sore, but doing good.

So here is what we accomplished so far…

1. Wed: Cocoa beach and Ron Jon
  2. Thur. Character Warehouse and Ghiradelli Earthquake
  3. Fri: Resort pool, then with WITH WIFE (woohoo) Wonderworks + Tony Brent Comedy Magic Show. Then went to Poly and watched electric water parade.

Today (sat) going to minion bfast, DS to activate wife’s AP, and then pirate’s dinner adventure.

Thanks for everyone’s thoughts and prayers.

7 Likes

There are like no crowds anywhere - DS, poly, universal are, other places.

We did minion breakfast this morning. really enjoyed it. very organized, relaxed and the characters truly interacted with kids. lots of pix time.

Went to DS and activated wife’s AP, got magic bands and went to photo pass booth.

Finished off night with pirates dinner adventure. not crowded, very well done. as others have said, volume is a bit loud and story line a bit choppy. I get each scene and overall story-line but the choreography and acrobats were really, really good. well worth the money. Going at this time, they have a really good sale going. You can buy at cheaper price and reschedule for up to a year. good strong drinks, great waitstaff.

wife bit in pain and tired from the day. tomorrow more laid back with church and date-only at ohanas. Get some rest. Hitting AK on Tuesday rain or not. Got sandals, swimsuits, ponchos.

4 Likes

How many weeks total was the plan for this trip? Have you been in FL since Monday already and now getting to the WDW part?

I’m totally following along here. I’m praying for a terrific turn around and swarms of great family experiences.

Biggest vacation ever planned. I am here for 4 full weeks. I worked the early part of first week and plan to work most of last week. I am a s/w developer and work remotely. WDW parks starts on 9/3. Leading up to it.

Left Texas on 8/24. Be back to Texas on 9/22.

4 Likes

That’s a fabulous plan. I’m so sorry it hasn’t worked out like you’d intended. I’m sure your kids are still enjoying features of being away from home.

Do you homeschool?

Yep. and Work from home. Definitely headed in better direction. So hard on Thursday - decided to go back to Texas. After talking with locals and understanding more about hurricanes and Orlando location, we decided to stay.

3 Likes

Ferris bueller just finished and NL Vacation is on. kids asleep. Peaceful end of the day.

1 Like

Oh boy. From one homeschool mama to another my heart breaks for DW. I’m going to keep you all in prayer. The need for respite and refreshment is real!! And a special trip like that must have been a doozy to plan. Enjoy Ohana!

Just home from Ohana and Trader Sams. Great food. good service, well paced. Drank a couple of drinks @ TSGG. Fun time although my wife couldn’t drink due to meds. Going to try and get back after meds perhaps, but there are so many cool places to try!

3 Likes

SO accidentally turning this thread into #walt-disney-world:trip-reports.

Parked valet at CR. “free” valet with tables in wonderland. Rode the monorail to TTC and then did the EPCOT loop. Chef mickey at 11:35. Much calmer…too calm i think. Food pretty good overall. Explored grounds.

We hadn’t got MB for wife yet. DS Guest Svcs said to go into MK and get it (vs trying to ship it. we just wanted plain color one). Why Disney does this (shipping) vs just handing out the plain cheap ones if person doesn’t want upgraded beats me. Anyhow, CR guest svcs gave my wife a MB and thus saving us a trip into MK (her solo) plus all the time involved in doing that. made my day. :slight_smile:

Back home for nap and swim. Family dinner. Found out WDW closing earlier so updated my AK plan. Amazing how a shorter time period ends up with more walking. LOL. Was leaving park at 530p, so no too terribly put out. Going a 2nd day anyhow so we should be able to do everything. Maybe not all the WE for littles.

This is where pre-planned FPP are a pain. I can’t see availability on a different day when I might could go. Counting on the sane people staying home, resort, etc and letting us insane ones rule the park.

If you don’t here from me again on this forum, check the news. Nah…we will be home after AK closes.

5 Likes

Going to start posting in trip reports… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any updates?? Did you enjoy near empty parks? How’s DW?

Sorry. I really meant to make trip report daily, but we do WDW from dawn to dusk, esp with these extended hours…phew…

so some quick notes:

• just finished day 8 of 10 day tix.
  • gatorland tomorrow
  • SWGE actually helped dispersed crowds i think
  • originally planned not to ride 7dmt, sdd and mfsr, but…
  • rode 7dmt train x2
  • rode sdd x2
  • rode mfsr x3 = did all positions…pilots are best
  • DW had xray yesterday to ensure stones broken up enough. still need to get stent removed.
  • DW overall she is doing well.
  • we have had magical moments with some CMs that made our day.

parks were near empty labor day week due to dorian. Definitely moved up a notch but good TP eliminated crowds.

did ROL tonight. got REALLY REALLY good seats. very mellow show. I enjoyed it.

5 Likes

I am overjoyed to read this.

Daily recaps and love reports are very difficult. Need sleep! And face-in-phone undermines family interaction!

We love Gatorland. Will you zip line over gators? Four of my kids and DH did in 2016.

Enjoy the rest of the trip!!

1 Like

Gatorland was really fun. We all enjoyed the trip. Thinking the Category of “Non Disney Trips” need to be more focused with Busch Gardens, Gatorland, Legoland, Sea World, etc. and Other (wonder works, ripleys)

Crowds have increased from Hurricane Dorian week of Labor day but TP came thru. Had some bummers today with weather and a couple of outside shows being cancelled (sergio and servant amusant). But Mickey Mouse told a CM to give my kids some chocolate shakes at F&W at EPCOT today.

Ran into a line cutter too at tap-styles. Confronted her. She lied like a rug and was very angry woman in general. Prayed for her cuz obviously something had her very irked in general. I can tell she had done this many times before. I hope to post some good lines for other people when dealing with people like this. Again, 1st time out of 9 days so it is a rarity in general from my perspective. Didn’t ruin my day.

Day 10 of 10 tomorrow…Magic Kingdom day. Tweaked plan to ensure faves for all.

Already thinking/planning a '20 trip for DW and I 25th anniversary…I will have posts on all of this. Just need some time. Lots of ground to cover.

3 Likes