My pre-trip/trip report to Disneyland

Ok starting this here so I have it for tomorrow.

Naturally, son is very excited about tomorrow and DCA – I just told him he has to take a long nap today (yeah right) and he should wake up really early – and then wake Daddy up. I figure I will let him do the dirty work LOL this way we get on the road nice and early.

Seriously, I am sitting here trying to do some work and I cannot believe I will be at DCA tomorrow. It’s like mind boggling. I feel like I should be doing something to prepare.

5 Likes

Squee!!! I can’t wait to hear all about it @Disneyconsigliere.

3 Likes

Good Luck tonight and have fun tomorrow! I have a feeling I’ll be asleep early tonight after last night lol.

2 Likes

You guys are going to have such an Awesome time! Cannot wait to see what DS’s reaction will be to Carsland ! These pics I took right after sunset

4 Likes

Seriously, he is going to go insane. I don’t think he truly knows what to expect. He thinks the "rides: are going to be like carnival rides – or the ones we go to when we go to the Jersey shore. His mind is going to be blown.

Today at lunch the topic was what ears to buy. It’s a very important decision. So far, R2 ears are in the lead – but I have a feeling that might change to Woody when he sees them live. Then there are always Stich and McQueen.

We have established that I have to get Minnie ears, which is fine because that’s what I want anyway – headband ears that is.

6 Likes

Aw, he’s going to have so much fun. I was surprised that my 10-year-old did not want any ears, although I bought himself a knit yeti hat for winter. My 7-year-old chose the giant sorcerer Mickey hat. He wears it around the house all the time.

5 Likes

I have to make sure we are back in cars land right at that time!

I am just nervous about traffic tomorrow and what time we are going to get on the road. I really want as much time as possible.

3 Likes

I’m 37 and want ears… is that bad? Lol

@nana2011 that sounds so awesome. I hope that’s what they put in to replace catastrophe canyon at HS.

4 Likes

You MUST buy ears @Outer1. I did. I couldn’t get anyone in my family to buy any with me, but I didn’t care. My profile pic was taken right after I bought them. They made me happy.

4 Likes

Both my Winnie the Pooh ears and my Minny headbands are in my house somewhere – I have to admit I didn’t look too hard because I want new ones.

My son already has his from our trip when he was 2 – but they are in a safe place. He had to get the ORIGINAL ears – that was not debatable. This year, he can get whatever he wants.

3 Likes

Hey guys!! DD has 11 pr. ears and 4 mousekaears !! ( the real tiny ones) and I have one R2-D2. DH spoils her … When I say No He goes and gets it for her. As for traffic you guys should be ok. Wednesday shouldn’t be that bad. I think at max it would be 2 hrs. We left at like 9-10am right after rush hour. But have also left at 6am and gotten there in an hour 30. Love DCA so much. While not many of us like Bugsland I love it! Sure DS is totally going to freak out!!

3 Likes

Seriously, you have been getting me so excited this week! (Good thing this isn’t on the other thread LOL) We love Bugs life so I think we will like that land. It’s on the list since it’s not at WDW.

I am so effing excited :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They are still sleeping!!! Husband got in after 11 last night and worked 15 hours so I get him but the 4 year old, REALLY???

4 Likes

I know the feeling!! UGH! DH is always slow moving. You guys will get going soon. Savor ever second! So excited for you guys!!!

2 Likes

Have so much fun!!! Can’t wait to read all about it! :smile:

3 Likes

Hey, can we bring tripod in park?

On the way

2 Likes

Ooo I don’t know that ,although in June there were some jerks that had some camera on a long stick? pole? LOL something that extended. :wink: Making rude comments as they went along. Not sure if they snuck it in but it wasn’t the only one I saw that week. Sure we will find out before you get there! Noticed lots of fog out our way today. Don’t worry, it will burn off soon enough and you will be at DLR soon!

1 Like

Yes you can, as long as it fits in a standard size backpack. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/permitted-items/

2 Likes

Hey guys – having an amazing time. Don’t want it to end. Exhausted – literally cannot keep my eyes open! Will do full report tomorrow.

So happy – when we were in WDW when son was two all he wanted to do was meet characters. We expected him to want to do rides this time – nope, characters again. Makes me feel so good.

Details later THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Love you guys!

4 Likes

XOXO So Happy for you guys!