My new obsession

“I hereby promise to interact with all forum members with no favour to specific persons” :raised_hand:

4 Likes

Hold up. …did you just call me a child?

Scratch that—did you just call me challenging???

I mean…you’re not wrong… just looking for clarification.

5 Likes

Regarding the magic band, I have a trip planned for Feb/March. I’m not planning toget a magic band because a) I have 3and 2)because one is a Minnie Bow Crazy Polkadots band and its the best one. If you want I can try to ge that one for you.

Well, it’s not available for me now. Also I realized that I think they put your name on it so you’d have to be Deborah. If you don’t mind being Deborah I can check again later.

1 Like

Yes, yes they are. I was finally able to get two of those for my sons for an October trip, but it wouldn’t let me get the Small World MB I wanted at the same time.

Keep checking back on the site. It will probably come back in stock at some point.

That’s super kind of you. The problem is, I don’t know how soon they ship them. My trip is in December and I’m hoping to have it in time for that.

You can put any name on it you like, though it won’t matter because I’ll have to remove and destroy the puck as it will forever be linked to your account. The plan is to get a plain grey band, which Disney will let me order and customise with my own name, and replace the puck with that.

A new option may be this, which I see is on sale at SWGE itself now:

2 Likes

Apparently MBs are shipped well in advance if you order the premium one: Exciting yet also so disappointing...magic bands

They ship immediately if you can actually order one of the upgraded bands. So far it doesn’t look like I’ll have to worry about the disappointment of MBs arriving too soon for our November trip.Your solution of the gray puck with that Black Spire band will save you many hours of frustration…

3 Likes

I knew going in we’d have them shipped immediately. I ended up getting the gray Galaxy Edge band you posted that you wanted originally. Their stock changes very often. Definitely check daily. Good luck! I will say that the most frustrating part is having to get all the mb for your whole family at one time and not having the ability to lock in bands. But I guess it’d be too much work (stock numbers would be even harder to track) or people would just be “squatting” bands.

1 Like

I am super-bitter about this :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I have found that to be the case too.

1 Like

Every time I hit refresh I get a different selection!

Sorry. Didn’t mean to rub it in…,just saying don’t give up hope. It’s possible.

1 Like

Have you tried on a computer? I had similar issues when I used the app on my phone or tablet. But also the stocks change so quickly I’ve seen them disappear right in front of my eyes as I select one for one family member. It is frustrating though.

Yikes!
More stuff became available between 9am or so. Within an hour it was what it wad for the rest of the day.

I’m enjoying hitting refresh. I’m a cheap date. It’s far too easy to entertain me!

I’ll forgive. But I’ll never forget.

You have NO idea how hard collecting those mugs was… :roll_eyes:
And you’ll note that the elegant I am Mickey band beats that dull D&B one.:grin:

4 Likes

Indeed. In fact since my original posts, there’ve been developments. The D&B one is being replaced. I want a band for each trip which captures the specific magic of that trip.

I now have this one to represent last summer:

5 Likes

Wasn’t the “I can’t live without this MB, it will ruin my whole trip if I don’t have it!” Mickey one last summer’s band?

1 Like

Wasn’t that this summer?

So, what you’re saying is that he has way too many “can’t live without this MB, it will ruin my whole trip if I don’t have it” moments?

3 Likes