My MK 2 day touring plan- please bring your wisdom!

Yes, 75 minutes is better. Those ferries are slooowww so it should give you enough time on the island. My younger son wanted to stay longer so my husband took our older son back to the mainland and they did BTMRR and Splash while DS7 ran around the fort.

Yes, there are two sections to TSI. First part has a picnic table and the ship as well as this floating bridge nightmare thing that rings the top of the island. Second part has an old fort with an escape tunnel. There are bathrooms in both sections.

The gem thing. I think I read about it on here. Iā€™ll try to find the post. But basically there a scene where Ariel throws gems and with the 3D they appear to be reachable. The red gem looks closest or maybe itā€™s just the most attention getting. You can reach for it and then tell your child you caught it - giving them the red gem you brought.

Found the post. It also mentions other things like bringing a golf ball for Soarinā€™: Nope - going to have to try this again from the computer, not copying the right link on mobile.

Letā€™s try this again, tips 60 and 61: Liner Daily Tips Archive

1 Like

Something to keep in mindā€¦any time you insert a ā€œrestā€ into a plan, the walking times just before and after the rest are now wrong, due to a bug in TP software. So, for example, you have Dumbo, then rest, then Jungle Cruise. But Dumbo and JC are on opposites of the parkā€¦notice it only allocated a minute walk time, instead of what should have been like 10-15 minutes. There are ways to better account for this in your plans.

1. Instead of inserting a true ā€œbreakā€ in the plan, insert an eatery as a stopping point between the two attractions, allocating the amount of time equivalent to the rest time, and add a note indicating this step is only for rest. In doing so, you will get an accurate walking time, plus include the break.
  2. Leave in the break, but increase it to including walking time between attractions (which you can calculate by temporarily moving the rides one after another and evaluating). Iā€™d include a note saying that this break includes X minutes of walking time for reference.
3 Likes

Notice that while you have 15 minutes allocated to Casey Jr., there is then 54 minutes of free time before your ā€œbreakā€ at 2:00. So, you might want to find a way to put something else before the break to use up some of that free time, or move your break up so that it is showing up as a proper break. Moving it up to 1:30 (Ā± 30 minutes), for example, and setting it for a 30 minute break will help use some of that free time.

In many ways, I think you may have overdone it with breaks. 60 minutes for the egg roll wagon, then Casey Jr. for 15 minutes, the 54 minutes free time then 15 minutes break time? Thatā€™s a LOT of resting. :slight_smile:

Mostly, the flaws Iā€™m seeing in the plan is the use of breaksā€¦not that you should have them, but they donā€™t seem purposely placed nor using the time well (nor accounting for walking time).

1 Like

i have noticed :wink: no complaints! it makes sense

1 Like

i didnā€™t know about that glitch! thank you for those workarounds. i will work on those

1 Like

I looked over your updates and the walking times are about the only thing I noticed too. Iā€™ll make a note to add that info into my personal FAQ :smile:

1 Like

thank you for pointing that out! i saw the 54 minutes of free time after Caseyā€™s but i figured that was okay since i essentially plan on spending an hour (at least) there. However, now that iā€™m looking at it, i see that i essentially only have lunch and Caseyā€™s scheduled from 11:30 until about 2:30. i doubt i will need 3 hours for those two activities! Iā€™d rather have too many breaks than too few, so i might leave it, but now i know that i have that chunk of time to prepare options, whether to ride more rides or tour main street, orā€¦ i donā€™t know. Nap? Thanks again!

My only comment is that Tom Sawyer is not really stroller friendly. Lots of steps, small dark spaces (caves), wonky bridges etc. You would need to carry your youngest around. It might be difficult for a 2 year old to navigate as well.