My first trip back to WDW - the good, the bad, the magic!

I am enjoying your report tremendously and I am super encouraged by how seriously and thoughtfully Disney is approaching precautions. Thank you for reporting the details and sharing the magic!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the report, looking forward to seeing how the rest of your trip goes! We are squarely on the fence for our trip in 3 weeks so will be anxiously watching reports of how things evolve. These are the first really good pictures of the new castle paint job I’ve seen and it is growing on me but will take getting used to! Does look more cartoonish than like a real castle but it is a bit breathtaking. I think the mask looks really cute!

4 Likes

For some reason, when we went over Thanksgiving, I used my phone navigation and it took us a different way. We didn’t see this sign on the way in or on the way out. I was majorly disappointed!

2 Likes

Mine train wait ended up being 20 min! More thoughtful safety in the queue. Social distance markers, interactive features turned off and plexiglass.

Pooh had the interactive elements blocked off too

We came across a small marching band in frontierland and a couple of the country bears were waving to guests
And now a stop for another must have…Dole Whip. Sadly no pineapple upside down dole whip. Just the cup and float. But so so good.

Aloha Isle is mobile order only. It is so weird to not see a line here!

18 Likes

Thanks for this report. It is making me tear up a little but so good to be able to read a trip report again.

7 Likes

I’m supposed to leave 7/27 and feel that Disney seems to be handling everything great, it’s the airport I’m not so sure about! Too bad to hear that masks aren’t being worn near 100% at MCO. Thanks for all the info! Have a great trip!

5 Likes

That mask is super cute on you! I also like the R2 and Baby Yoda ones.

The similarities and differences from our trip just 11 months ago are giving me all sorts of cognitive dissonance. But I’m delighted to have a trip report to read.

I hope the whole trip is great, and your next one too. Are you flying home for 5 days and then back again? The airport sounds like the most stressful part to me. But the 20 minute mine train queue sounds very sane. The new castle paint job looks good to me too.

3 Likes

Okay, good. I thought I was crazy for getting a little choked up while reading this trip report. Not just me!!

4 Likes

Lots to update and I will do more tonight. But look at this castle…no filter

36 Likes

This looks good until I think about careless people touching the surrounding plastic area when grabbing their plasticware. Hopefully everyone just touches their individual plasticware when grabbing.

2 Likes

I think the blue looks really odd with the pink but I do like how clearly it stands out against the sky from the other end of Main St.

1 Like

I was considering how well the old muted colors blended in with main street colors and now it stands out… but it’s nothing like that awful birthday cake job. I know, I know, some ppl liked it :roll_eyes: and standing alone it’s lovely.

Yes in the post with just the castle pic it doesn’t look pink and it’s nicer. The cake castle should be consigned to history and forgotten!!

3 Likes

Maybe it’s handed to you or in the bags? Especially if the condiments are packaged and given to you.

Thank you for posting all of this! It all looks amazing, well except the pink on the castle. :smile: I love the blue, but the pink would be better if it was white. The colors really work on the Disneyland castle since the pink is so minimal, but on the WDW castle…not so much.
Have a wonderful day!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the trip report! I’ve been sorely missing these the last four months. I’m not going back until next year but it feels so good to see other people enjoying the parks!

I saw a poll on DFB’s Instagram story about the castle colors and it was split about 50/50, with a slight edge to the old gray. Personally, I think the blues and the grays of the turrets are much better than the old, and I like the new pink a lot but it’s just a tad too bold.

However, as I’ve thought about it, I’m realizing that with time it will probably fade a little and so in its brand new state it kind of has to be on the bold side. In any case, it is growing on me the more I see it.

ETA a photo of the poll with side-by-side comparison:

4 Likes

I’m a mainly Disneyland gal right now based on location. I love the pink on the WDW castle. It reminds me of the Disneyland charm.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to
See it in person. But from photos I do like it more then I thought I would.

2 Likes

It’s just not Cinderella blue. It’s not.

7 Likes

See now that looks nice