My Disney Magic

Just returned home from 7 days at the Polynesian with DH, DS7 and DS2. My brain is a little too fried from traveling all day for a full trip report but I did want to share something…

We were at Epcot and DS7 was a little ahead of me walking across a bridge in the World Showcase. He had bed head and the hair in back that was sticking straight up was bouncing as he made his way along the bridge. He was looking out at the water and looked so happy. I thought to myself, “one day I’m going to miss him being this age forever.” I teared up thinking how happy I was that we could take him to Disney and make these memories together. So that was my Disney magical moment. Thanks to all of you for helping me plan a trip for my little boys who won’t always be so little. :heart:

28 Likes

What a happy story! Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

This. Followed closely by a thought of “…and when did he turn into an actual boy instead of a baby and get so tall?”

Dang pixie dust in my eye… :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

I love this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

Realizing that is special.
One of the best things someone ever said to me was at work one night when I had four little ones. I had just gotten off the phone with DH, and she had overheard the conversation. She said, “These are the best years of your life. Pay attention to them.” She had lovely teen boys and I appreciated her admonition to enjoy the incredible chaos of small children.

My sons are 20 and 22 and I do have loads of fond memories, including some from WDW. And we have a lot of great times now, too. But I will cry like a drunk fool if I sit an reminisce too long. :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes