MVT and Tickets

We are looking into a trip at Thanksgiving. I requested a quote for 2 rooms, both with tickets, one with DDP. Now I’m wondering if it would be better to purchase our tickets from UT or somewhere like that? Also, I’m waffling on the number of days that I will need tickets. I’m hoping for DAH, but won’t know until way after booking if it will be an option. Will MVT let me do room and DDP only, or do I need to get the tickets to get the DDP? If I have to get the tickets should I get the minimum number of days I think I might need and upgrade later if necessary? If I don’t have to get the tickets, I should just wait until I know more about DAH and SWGE, right? Thanks!

I have booked a room only and then added the dining plan on a MVT booking (did this for February this year). I would ask if you could add the tickets after you know how many days. MVT tickets are usually the cheapest tickets available and usually include one “extra” such as a water park day.

So I could get base tickets and still get a water park day? I was going to do Hopper Plus, but then realized I could put together a good plan visiting only one park per day (you are allowed to exit and go back, right?) and save us $400. My kids love the water park, so it would be great if that was just included without having to get the Hopper Plus or even just water park tickets.

I will ask the agent about doing the tickets later. Thanks!

Their special tickets have one water park visit.

1 Like

(Their special tickets have one water park visit) Yes you can use the extra ticket for the water parks or games or a few other things. Just remember the main reason people by the Park Hopper is for the ability to go to a restaurant that may not be in your park choice of the day. Also a parade or fireworks show in a different park. Some parks take longer than others to see so here again a Park Hopper is nice. To I and my wife it is the only way to go.

1 Like

You can change the tickets after booking, my family has. We’ve also found MVT tickets to be the cheapest- our 6 day non-hoppers are about $100 cheaper per person than through Disney (and cheaper than UT).

1 Like

I thought you had to book a package (i.e. room and tickets together) to be eligible for the DDP, but I could be wrong. Maybe ask your MVT agent?

1 Like

You never have to add tickets to book the dining plan. It is called a “ticketless package”. You cannot do it online.

1 Like

Learn something new every day! Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I’d guess you’re thinking of the “free” dining plan which you need to book through Disney - those are typically required to be packages to get the free DDP.

MVT offers great ticket value and was cheaper than anywhere I could find last year. The only downside is they can’t guarantee they are bridgeable to an Annual Pass if you were interested in upgrading. In general, I’d recommend getting the longer ticket if you’re beyond 4 days as the additional cost per day is very low so it’s easy to get your money’s worth…

2 Likes

If we were just adults on the trip I would agree that hoppers are the way to go, but with 3 small kids (7, 4, and 2) I just don’t think we will utilize it enough to justify the price. We call all go to MVMCP or EMM or a dessert party with that money.

We have reservations and tickets through mvt. 7 night stay and 4 day base tickets with 1 extra. It only costs $80 total for all 6 of us to add an extra day but I didn’t do it because I just don’t think we will use it. Hoping not to regret that—we bought this before the ticket price increase so am not sure it is still available even if I did change my mind.
Anyway, we had hoppers last year and they were great to have in theory, but we only ended up hopping 1x in 3 days. So we did get to all 4 parks, which was our goal, but it is a lot of money just for that.

2 Likes