MVMCP or Extra Park Day?

lol. Me too. I only wake early and go to bed late at Disney!

She’s a tween so she’s able to rock it out as late as possible. I like the idea of “free” goodies, staying out waaaay past bedtime, and having a morning break the day of the party. But I’m also afraid of “missing out” on MK time. (8 hours with the MVMCP vs 12 hours with the park day)

1 Like

Good thing is it prob wont be extra morning hours, so if u roll in at, say 10 (weve done it alot in the past w/o a party), u wont meet crazy crowds. Sleep in!

Oh goodie! You are one of those that leaves after fireworks! More elbow room for me on 12/10 and 12/12?

Dont miss out on enjoying to maximize. Have a good plan. If u need a morning in, take it. Its all about enjoying the experience. If im tired and cranky, all bets are off.

1 Like

Longer park hours usually equals a higher CL according to the people here.

Sometimes dont even stay for that. Sometimes we catch them while waiting for the bus!

Absolutely overthinking it all, I’m sure. Again, flying solo with a surprise trip with the girlie is stressing me out. It’s going to be an absolute surprise for her so she’ll be thrilled no matter what.

1 Like

So, my DD is in competition cheer. They dont know if they make it to worlds till a month or so before. Dont know compete, practice times till about a week b4 trip. Cant make FPs, ADRs, plan the park for the day… Its stressful yet theres something to be said about winging it and saying “so what”.

1 Like

We will slow down our pace and it will be more relaxed this trip. But there is still so much to see and do when we haven’t been there in 7 years and never at Christmas time!

Make a list of ur must dos and the things u havent done yet. Make that priorities and everything else is lagnaippe.

What is this thing called “Rest”? I do not understand…

I would get the extra ticket day and do MK/MVMCP on the same day. For a break, schedule a later TS lunch.

Also, what are your arrival and departure times? As someone else pointed out, MVMCP on arrival day could be fun if your travel is not too arduous. Some park time on departure day can be fun too - we did the Resort Airline Check-in to ditch the bags, went to MK, and then went directly to the airport in the afternoon.

1 Like

FP+ with the party ticket is a little flaky. On my group of 4, 2 were allowed to book FPs with a party ticket, 2 weren’t (4 friends that bought tickets separately, but all the same type of tickets (2 day park + MNSSHP) with the same provider).

I would do MVMCP. If you go ignoring the party and focused only on normal MK stuff, you will probably get the same amount of attractions done as in a full day, and you get the choice to do party stuff if you feel like it :slight_smile:

We really enjoy MVMCP, but I don’t think my fam (DH and teens) would want to give up the chance of a whole park day to do it. I’d say it all depends on how important that rest day is to you.

You only need a party ticket for the party.

For me, I’d go with plan B. You can see so much of MK on a party day because the crowds are low. People don’t go as much because they aren’t “getting full value” for a park that closes early. You can ride as much as you want in the day. Then decide if you want to view the MVMCP shows and events or continue to enjoy shorter ride queues.

The party is an investment, but you get more in park time while you are already there. I will say I’m not the type of person who hangs out at the resort or swims. I like to be in the “center” of the WDW bubble as much as possible.

We stayed at Disney 9 times, 6 being acceptable swimming weather, we went to exactly 1 pool when staying at the campgrounds, 1 time, for an afternoon. Was ok, but we were there for 10 days also.

1 Like

I have been to the pools a few times. It’s usually when my DW, who only kinda “likes” WDW / Theme Parks, needs to end a day early. When it’s up to me I just get a value resort to store my stuff while I’m in the parks and wait at night for the next park day. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hmmm, wonder if there are “hide out” spots in the parks to spend the night… like swiss family, somewhere in WS, TSL playground, and gorilla falls. Do they check thst good​:joy::joy::joy:

I have heard stories of security catching people hiding in the restrooms after close.