MVMCP experience

After a less than pleasant experience at the Nov. 15th. Party I don’t think I will attend another holiday party. Pushy, rude, inconsiderate adults who felt it was their right to push out our family (including our children) in order to see and so that their kids could see has finally done it. They also picked up our belongings and tossed them to make room for themselves.
We had found our spot very early at the base of the statues of Walt and Mickey. Even if we could have found a cast member to speak to the crush of people was just too much. Not willing to put my grandkids in this mess anymore.

2 Likes

Sorry you had a rough time.

Sounds like they have been really overselling the parties this year. Frustrating!

1 Like

So sorry to hear that WDW guests have no common courtesy and made your MVMCP experience less than magical.:disappointed_relieved:

It’s only going to get worse now that they are offering these at local Publix stores in the area. They even work on nights that are already Sold Out.

Ugh! I’m glad we are going 2 nights in early December for our first and last times!

What depressing news to celebrate Mickey’s 91st birthday! :sob:

1 Like

Wow. I’m sorry to read this OP.

Thursday the 14th was not crowded. We walked up at the last minute to the MMMC and Fireworks and only queued a few minutes early for 11PM parade because we wanted specific position in front of Diamond Horseshoe. I’m going to count my blessings our night was good.

2 Likes

Hate to be so negative, but I agree. We went last year for the very first time in early December. MVMCP ? Never again. The event was oversold in my opinion and we were packed in like sardines. It was a waste of money and not fun. A real shame too, as we were really looking forward to it.

I was at this party and while I found it to not be too crowded, I was still underwhelmed. There were lines but they were moving quickly. The parade and fireworks were awesome. The rides I most wanted to ride still had fairly long wait times - 30-40 min. I stopped at all the snack/goodie stops and was not impressed - drinks were gross (grape fanta? ick, watered down cocoa) pretzels were gross IMO. I will say all of the CMs I encountered were lovely but I will not do another MVMCP. A lot of people left after the first parade I think because of the rain, which thinned things out a bit for the fireworks and 11:00 parade.

Underwhelmed and oversold are two different things though. We’d never been before and we were delighted. We thought the parade and shows and fireworks were beautiful. The snacks weren’t great, but we never encountered a line for them. We got to do all of the Holiday Twist attractions and DD met Jack and Sally in exactly an hour. I guess the rain could have been what made it less busy for the fireworks, but it didn’t seem oversold at the beginning either.

1 Like

We went to the party on Tuesday and had a wonderful time. Short lines for rides and treats. We saw characters as we went, but that was not our goal, so I did not pay attention to the lines for them. We were leaving the park just ahead of the 11:00 parade and were able to get down the sidewalks on Main Street easily. Friday night parties would be busier I guess.

2 Likes

I was at that party too, and I agree that it wasn’t crowded at all! All rides were a walk on except 7DMT which was only about 15 minutes. I couldn’t believe we were able to get nearly front row spots for the parade and fireworks just minutes before they started. Best party ever!! The only negative was that it didn’t snow on Main Street.

1 Like

Sorry you had a bad time at party. My family did the MVMCP back in 03 and 05 and we had a great time. I guess things change. I wanted to do it next year but don’t think it will live up to expectations.