Multi group Genie+ hack

So I’ve been thinking about Genie+ and wondered if I have discovered a potential ‘back’ for want of a better phrase.

We have a multi generational group of 7, all with G+ on our tickets. It’s highly likely that a few members of the group will not want to go on certain G+ or ILL rides. Therefore am I right in thinking that I could do the following all on the same app and account.

Book 4 people G+for one ride
Straight after that book the other 3 people G+ for another ride.

The original 4 people could then go on their ride plus 3 of them could go on the other G+ reservation and we can go back and forth like that?

1 Like

Trying to make sure I understand. Are you saying that at at 7:00 a.m., you book ride A for 4 people and ride B for the other 3. Then the group of 4 does ride A (at its time), then 3 of them use the MagicBands (or whatever media) that belongs to the people in the group of 3 to scan into the ride B at its time? That should not be a problem at all, as long as all 7 have scanned into the park.

Then you can book additional Genie+ LL as long as you follow the complicated timing rules.

2 Likes

Yep, exactly that. And a much better explanation than mine.

2 Likes

Yes, what you described will work. Most of the time CMs don’t even look at who is going in.

2 Likes

It works the same as when I’d book a FPP for both DH and me, then I’d go wearing my MB, then swap bands and re-ride using his. We used to do that a lot for wild rides he couldn’t do because of motion sickness issues (in the before times).

2 Likes

Wait… I’m confused. Are you saying 4 people ride Peter Pan via LL and then 3 of those 4 essentially pretend to be other members in your party (person #1, #2, and #3 pretend to be person #5, #6, and #7) so that some can experience back to back reservations on like Pirates?

Wouldn’t that just screw the last 3 people to do what they want with their G+ add-on?

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what the OP has in mind. All I can say is that it doesn’t matter who uses each LL reservation. All that matters is that the number of people that you get a LL reservation for is the number of people who can ride using the LL. If you have 8 people in your party, 1 person could theoretically use everyone’s LL reservations to ride 8 times, or 4 people could ride twice.

And also, you don’t have to get the same LL reservation for all people in your party - you can select a certain number of people for each. For example, 4 could do Pirates and 4 could do Jungle Cruise and you could mix and match who uses each, including have one person ride both rides if one person doesn’t want to ride either.

4 Likes

Like OP said, some people in their mutligenerational group may not want to ride something. This could be grandparents and toddlers who won’t ride the roller coaster. It happens all the time.

3 Likes

I’m not clear what OP means either. If the same group uses both sets of G+ rides what do the others do? They might want to ride Dumbo and have a long wait to do so, with little ones.

Also the two sets of G+ rides might be booked at the same time but be at totally different times. So one ride might be in 45 minutes and the other be over 2 hrs away. Then you have two different new booking times and they’re then out of sync all day.

But yes, it would “work”.

4 Likes

I could see this working when your group is divided into two camps that want to do very different things, probably Kiddie rides and Thrill rides. So, group Kiddie could ride Dumbo using a G+ while group Thrill could ride Barnstormer. As each group uses their G+ they get a reservation for the other ride and then the groups swap MB’s. Probably not the best example, but I just picked two rides that were close.

Reason it would work is that they don’t pay attention to the who, just the time of your reservation.

Reason it might not work throughout the day is that some reservations will give you radically different times than the other group.

2 Likes

There may or may not have been a time when DW and DD4 were doing Animation Academy at DCA, so DD9 and I used all 4 of our MBs to ride Incredicoaster twice in 10 minutes. Everyone was happy.

1 Like