Mousematt’s Epic North American Adventure — Now Featuring Final Thoughts

What have you got left on the to-do list other than Niagara Falls? Have you hit up the St Lawrence market yet?

2 Likes

Ugh. Massive line at Horton’s.

2 Likes

Are you moaning about Monet?? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

This is a really nice photo with the people looking at the projection :heart:

7 Likes

I’m excited to find out the Van Gogh exhibit is coming to Orlando Convention Center. I’ve been looking at tickets. I think I’m going to MAKE my DS go, I know DH will go w/ me.

4 Likes

You sound so Canadian! You’ve fully assimilated now. :joy:

12 Likes

He’s getting closer.
Tomorrow it’ll be: “Ugh. Massive line at Timmies eh”

18 Likes

Ordering a double double like he’s been doing it all his life.

8 Likes

Told DW the other day that there’s some hamburger chain that’s got Americans thinking a double double is a burger.
It took some effort to convince her I wasn’t pulling her leg.

4 Likes

Sadly, I was able to confirm a few days ago that I am quite spectacularly allergic to caffeine. I’d been ordering Iced Capps. I asked for it to be decaff, but apparently that’s not a thing. So, now I know.

In the tradition of non-US trip reports — started by @melcort10’s crushingly tedious discussion of the topic — I am today doing laundry.

I’ve done a wash and my t-shirts are currently drying. I will say that I’m astounded by how quiet the machines are. They’re in their own cupboard, as you can see, but you could easily run them at any time of day and not be disturbed by them.

15 Likes

Excellent washing machine review! So glad Canadian machines are up to snuff. I’ve never heard of that brand but glad to see a “jeans” option!

I thought of you today reading this:

Looks like you can never have nice things!

4 Likes

The whole point of Brexit was supposed to be that we can do what we want. Apparently that was a lie. Along with literally everything else we were told about the benefits of Brexit.

6 Likes

I was reading about that on FB yesterday!

I always used to get the seasonal “Minnie’s Bakeshop” jimmies at WDW but they’ve become harder to find. I think they just have generic colors. But add that to your packing list to bring home the illegal goodies!

2 Likes

I get scared enough as it is walking through the ‘nothing to declare’ line at customs!

3 Likes

:rofl: I walked REALLY fast with my 6 bottles of wine from France! (I thought I was only allowed 4 but turns out there isn’t a limit!)

3 Likes

“Trading Standards said the E127 food colouring, also know as Erythrosine, is only approved for use in the UK and EU in cocktail cherries and candied cherries. The ingredient has been linked to problems with hyperactivity in children and effects on their mood and behaviour.

It is so odd to me that they allow it in some food products but not others? Why not just require them to post a warning?

Ok, I have to ask…what is the deal with dryers in Europe? I mean, I only have had access to the ones in laundromats and Airbnb’s, but they have all been terrible. My family wears a lot of denim and it takes forever to dry in European dryers.

Is that intentional to encourage people to line dry clothes to help the environment? Which is really challenging at times when traveling.

There was one in Scotland that acted like a dehumidifier and the water collected in a pan we had to empty? (Took us a while to sort that!).

3 Likes

Omg please don’t get me started on this! I had my clothes in this type of “dryer” for over 18 hours and I still could have wrung out a puddle. I’ve always thought it was a space/design issue. Many Europeans have their washers in the kitchen or bathroom without a ton of space for a dryer. I do guess there could be an environmental component too?

2 Likes

A condenser dryer. That’s the type I have, it doesn’t take long to dry things. Like around 30 mins for a full load of towels. I’ve never had a problem in the past either, but I did notice with this one (which I’ve not had long) that if I put it on for a set time instead of a programme it doesn’t dry stuff, I don’t know why it’s even an option.

3 Likes

OK so I’m not the only person thinking this.
Hey, if that approach is good enough for expecting mothers in licensed establishments…

4 Likes