Mousematt’s Epic North American Adventure — Now Featuring Final Thoughts

I grew up in Pittsburgh and was thinking the same thing!

3 Likes

Will be in WDW the same time! Oct 17-22!

2 Likes

Why are people who code websites so criminally useless at their jobs?

I mentioned earlier the mass stress and time-wasting misery I had on the British Airways site. (British Airways! It’s a huge corporation. How can they not build a website that is compatible with iOS devices? That isn’t compatible with Safari? It’s pathetic.)

Now I’m having infinite stress with — you guessed it — Disney’s damned site. I have a room reservation for 20-26th but I need to change it to 19-26th. The room was booked by a friend via a US agent and I’m impatient to get it sorted, so I thought I’d see what I can do myself with a fresh booking. There is nothing below $5,000 for 19-26th. So I look at just the 19th. Loads of options. So I started trying 19-20th, 19-21st etc to see where the problem was.

The massive irritation with the UK Disney site is that it keeps defaulting to a minimum five night stay. This is true for packages but not for room only bookings. Yet even if you clearly select the room only option, once it’s decided to default you to a five night minimum, no force on earth can change its mind. Closing the window, quitting the browser, nothing.

I got as far as discovering that it’s the Saturday, bang in the middle of my stay, that’s the date that’s causing the problem. Since I have a reservation for 20-26th and I know there’s loads of availability on the 19th, the TA should be able to add the extra day.

Though my other stress is I don’t know where the hell I’ll be staying. It’s clear that ASMu — which is what I have booked — isn’t opening, but I’ve had no confirmation of where I’m being moved to.

And it’s raining. I feel like smashing something.

6 Likes

Since you are in the UK but you booked through a TA that is US based, they probably won’t call you. The TA controls the reservation, so they’d contact them.
But the TA can always be proactive and call them and ask what the plan is and get the move going. After they add the day of course.

I’m sorry things are being so frustrating.

6 Likes

In less ranty news, look what @Shmebulock made for me :grin:

She provides a tailor made service so I’m going to give it a proper test later on and see how it fits and whether my glasses steam up and my ears ache, lol.

41 Likes

That’s awesome!! I really like the pattern.

3 Likes

I’ve hidden this side of myself from you all — so this may come as a shock — but I’m a massive control freak* and hate leaving things in the hands of other people to sort out. I’m sure it will be fine (my inner voice is yelling “No it won’t! Only you can sort this!”).

*Maybe also a little cray cray.

13 Likes

The man is from England. He had to wear a scarf and a vest/jumper in JULY!

10 Likes

I have a reservation at ASMusic for a family suite on an October weekend also and have not heard anything. What’s odd though is they are still offering the family suites for booking during that week. I wonder if they are opening just the family suite buildings, or maybe they overbooked ASMusic like they did Movies last spring and are just moving some guests elsewhere? We were beneficiaries of that in April, got moved from Movies to Grand Floridian. But, we were not notified of the change until the day before we left. Here’s hoping the same happens for you!

2 Likes

That’s why I didn’t bother telling him to remember to bring his! :joy:

4 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building I AM WORKING ON THINGS HERE OKAY.

But this whole time difference thing is rough when I need sleep. LOL.

7 Likes

So you are gathering the Pixie Dust that will get him moved to the Poly for his trip?

(Yes, I am actively trying to get banned. I think it improves @sanstitre_has_left_the_building’s mood.)

8 Likes

I actually think I’ve managed to switch the whole reservation to Pop for him. :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

What can I say, he needed a fairy godmother and I needed a snarky sidekick. I do love him so. But Calvin is my favorite

20 Likes

I’m so glad @JuliaMc got him sorted, because I’m not sure his…disposition…is well suited to that last minute of a change (even if it would be a significant upgrade). :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I will be delighted to stay at Pop. I don’t need a Deluxe. The public spaces at GF are glorious, but I don’t rate the rooms. I like the clean, modern look of the refurbished rooms at Pop. And I love the Skyliner.

It’s insane that it is so difficult to book a room at WDW right now.

17 Likes

Oh goodness right? I’m already concerned that he’s being roped into my birthday shenanigans and it’s a lot of unknown surrounding that.

I can’t wait for him to write his trip report. Although I will have to monitor him as if he posts about proprietary information or banned photos I will have to find a gator to feed him too.

:joy::joy:

9 Likes

You said you’d made your ADR’s, yes? What’s on the docket?

2 Likes

I just wish I were going this October. I have to wait until NEXT Christmas to go…. I’d love to see @sanstitre_has_left_the_building and @JuliaMc again.

4 Likes

Kinda. I put some in but I’m not super happy about them so I’m still reviewing them.

All for breakfast:

GF Café
TAF
Cape May
Rainforest Café
Whispering Café

3 Likes

TAF is delicious! Do they have characters back yet?

1 Like