Mousekeeping

Saw a report today that full Mousekeeping service (as opposed to just towels and trash) has returned every other day at Deluxe resorts and every day at GF.

4 Likes

I wonder why GF would get special treatment? to improve turnaround time?

2 Likes

Maybe they staffed up there first? They do consider it their flagship resort…

2 Likes

that was my first thought, and it always seems to be full

Gotta keep that flagship resort, which shares space with the newest and hottest DVC resort to go up for sale direct from Disney, spiffy and spit spot!

:roll_eyes:

Just another classist move, IMO. Mods and values don’t get the same attention? There are definitely things that deluxe should get as a result of paying more. Hygiene-related things are not one. Hygiene is not an amenity.

15 Likes

A true statement! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

So it’s still every four days at DVC?

Yes that doesn’t change. Unless you’re cash stay (not points or rented points) in a villa. Frequency of housekeeping is written into the DVC contract and is paid for by member dues at that frequency.

Edited: though actually I’m not 100% sure it’s on the daily even for cash stay. I think it is but I’m not sure

4 Likes

I’m guessing this is just step 1. From what I’ve heard they have had an awful time staffing housekeeping, so as they staff back up, it sort of makes sense that they start with the Deluxe resorts. Hopefully they will add in the moderate/value resorts in the next few months.

1 Like

They’ve had an awful time staffing b/c WDW pays less than Universal. Although, newspapers reported a few months back that Disney finally caught up.

4 Likes

That may be part of it, but there is still a labor shortage, and Disney needs a lot more staff than Universal.

3 Likes

I’m so used to staying at off-site timeshares that it is weird to me when there IS housekeeping :joy: I’m actually one that prefers no housekeeping - as they always seem to come during afternoon siesta. …on cruises to, sometimes I have to spend an hour or more randomly wandering just waiting for them to finally be done with the room.

3 Likes

In the before times, it was every day like any other hotel room.

3 Likes

Regarding the room checks, where housekeeping opens the door and enters as they knock and announce, is this also done at DVC?

I don’t recall their doing that on our December 2020 trip.

1 Like

I was done at Aulani DVC

I had both ends of the spectrum for Mousekeeping.

One end were VERY pleasant, accommodating CM’s who understand extenuating circumstances.

The other end were very rude, borderline aggressive, barge into the room types who stated very loudly that they are there for inspection only and it is not their job to do towels/trash/restock the coffee despite it being stated clearly upon check in that towels/trash will be done every single day to make up for the daily inspections.

Then, middle to end of January, they wouldn’t even enter the room if the guests were in there. They’d go in to inspect, but not do any of the services. Then they’d threaten to do 7am wakeup calls to make up for them not being able to be in the room to service. It made working from the hotel…difficult at best.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s done DVC side as well.

They have to announce as they enter no matter what type of room.

1 Like

disgusting image off the internet but this type of lock is on most resort doors at WDW. If you are in your room you should use the secondary bit that prevents them from entering. It would give you time to wake up or dress etc. If that’s on the door then they immediately apologize.

4 Likes

Ooh, good job remembering to mention that.

We had also called (several times) down to housekeeping and the front desk to request room service only after 2 pm so that it gave us enough time to wake up and have a cup of coffee before they came in.

1 Like

Are they still offering gift cards if you turn down mousekeeping??

1 Like