Mousekeeping Question

The last time our family went to WDW, you could decline Mousekeeping services at your resort for the week and receive a Disney gift card. Is this still a thing? Thanks!

1 Like

nope. you can decline or opt in for an every-other-day trash and towel service, no change in cost and no $ back. I miss mousekeeping!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reply, that was my hunch!

1 Like

So here’s the question you must ask yourself. Why stay at a expensive resort with NO service. Value should do. Now here’s one for you. Forget the tipping. You are paying more than enough. After all what are they doing to earn it now? Yip. I just gave Universal hell for missing two days and now I find Disney is using the covid excuse to not keep housekeeping on a room you pay $300 plus a night. Give me a break, It’s POP for me and I am still paying way too much. Time to look off property. I never thought I would say that.

2 Likes

Pretty much all hotels EVERYWHERE are limiting housekeeping so good luck finding a place with housekeeping services like you’re used to.

4 Likes

You can decline, but receive no gift card like you used to. You can still call gs and get additional towels etc sent to your room. If you don’t decline you still get a light cleaning daily, or least that’s how it was for my neighboring room on my last trip at WL.

1 Like

I haven’t been yet, but when I started the online check-in for BWI, they gave me two options: No Mousekeeping or Mousekeeping every other day. My DH asked me to get Mousekeeping every other day, or I would have gone with “none.” I’m going to go hug a tree in preparation.

1 Like

There’s way more to it than housekeeping…
Rooms are bigger at deluxe resorts, pools are generally better and have slides, more dining options without having to go resort hopping. Just to name a few things.

Everybody’s needs and choices are different. I HATE value resorts. But that’s me. I don’t fault those who enjoy them.

This is short-sighted and it really bothers me. To you, it seems like they are doing nothing. But the reality of the situation is that the housekeepers are still busting their butts every day. They aren’t doing full cleans, but there are less of them and they still have to do the every other day rooms, plus the full room flips when people check out, which is now more intensive with all the sanitizing. Plus answer calls for more of the items that aren’t being restocked every day. I miss the daily service too, but I get why it’s not happening right now.
They don’t make the policies, but you’re punishing them. They are just trying to make a living and not catch covid while doing it. All while putting up with entitled guests who think not getting every day service is the end of the world.

16 Likes

I didn’t get this.

I’m not sure I grasp the concept of tipping them for performing their duties that does not include services they are not doing for me. That should be covered by standard wages and/or the people who they are doing services for. Do they make minimum wage or more or are they paid a lower wage like servers?

Paying an equal or higher price for substandard amenities or service is not very appealing. I often wonder if this is a contributing factor to staffing shortages.

I am curious about the option to take no housekeeping and what actually happens in that case. In April when we stayed at GF, a housekeeping CM (who didn’t speak English very well) was working her way up our hall around 4:30 PM just as we were returning from the pool and needed to shower to get ready for dinner. So I politely explained and just asked for some fresh towels. Soon after, the manager was there knocking on my door to inform me that if I was refusing housekeeping they would still need to access my room. I explained that I did in fact want housekeeping but that they had just come at a bad time for us. The next time they came in was just as I was trying to get DD4 and DD8 down for a nap on another day :tired_face:. I just bit the bullet and let her do her thing as I read the girls a story. I was a little afraid of what would happen if I put them off again! So after all that it’s interesting that no service is an option. I wonder if they do still “inspect” the rooms in that case.

Yes, they do the daily security check regardless of whether you get housekeeping or not. It’s a separate thing.

2 Likes

No one invading my space should be an upside to No Housekeeping.

1 Like

The room inspections have nothing to do with housekeeping though. It’s due to the Vegas shooting and also because of human trafficking sadly.

2 Likes

I had the problem of them ending up at the room at the same time as we were in the room :woman_facepalming: They should ask your preference for morning or afternoon service - they kept arriving during afternoon R&R time. …this was just the towel & garbage service.

I prefer timeshare with no service.

2 Likes

They usually do checkouts first (so rooms are ready ASAP for new guests), then cleanings for guests staying over. Hence why afternoon cleanings are more common.