Mother/Daughter Trip of (Mostly) Firsts

Yeah so I would wait until the 2nd to upgrade just to make sure there are no issues getting in on the 1st or 2nd.

1 Like

My flight starts boarding in about 17 hours. I just finished most of the work/projects that needed to get done today (I will work on a few small things while I am at the conference), and now I can go START packing.

I will note that I have been organizing piles of things and clothes, but it all needs to be placed into suitcases and bags.

I don’t need to sleep tonight, do I?

1 Like

I’m right there with you. Clothes are hanging up drying now at least.

2 Likes

Clothes are all dry and ready to pack…they just need to be in the suitcases!

2 Likes

97% packed.

Apparently I lied earlier when I said all my clothes were ready. Dh (who does the family laundry) put one last load on for me that had three of the four new park shirts I bought for the trip. Hopefully they dry before I have to leave for the airport.

I tried valiantly to pack in one suitcase and one carry on… and I failed. 12 days of clothes take up far too much space.

Now I have two suitcases that have extra space to bring home souvenirs. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There you go. Clothes for 2 wks and souvenirs room - definitely worth 2 suitcases. :+1:

1 Like

When I was sorting through my Disney stuff and packing last night I came across these pins from Mousefest back in 2008. :sunglasses:

I was tempted to add them to my bag, but am too afraid to lose them.

6 Likes

On board and ready to go!

Tampa, here I come.:sunglasses:

17 Likes

Yay!

Does that mask help with glasses fog?

It doesn’t solve it 100%, but there is significantly less fog than others I have tried.

1 Like

Landed Safely

… off to start geeking out until Wednesday! :grin:

Need to catch up on all the news since this morning! at some point.

7 Likes

Nice room here in Clearwater, although the view of the Intercoastal could be better from the balcony.

12 Likes

Will you get to see Winter? (The Dolphin)

1 Like

Look at all those pillows on the chaise! Glad you made it safely!

1 Like

Sadly no. I have one mostly free day tomorrow and I am spending it at the beach.

2 Likes

A full day of training today…9am-4pm.

I ate dinner last night and lunch today at the same bar/restaurant next door to the hotel. Super yummy fried fish last night and a lobstah (actual spelling on the menu) and shrimp salad roll. It was good, but not Maine lobster good.

Heading down to the pool bar to network with other presentation geeks. The official conference start isn’t until the welcome reception tomorrow evening. Plans are to spend some quality time on the beach tomorrow. It will be my only chance. :slight_smile: :beach_umbrella:

5 Likes

Some sunset beach pictures.

12 Likes

A few observations…

The only people I have noticed wearing masks:

• Everyone in the airport
  • Taxi driver from airport to hotel
  • Everyone that works at the hotel
  • Servers at restaurants
  • All attendees of my conference

No one else, at all. It has been very odd to not see anyone else with masks. Basically all are behaving as if the pandemic is over. Very different from suburban Philadelphia.

Various groups of us have ventured out to eat. We generally are not wearing our masks outside unless it is very crowded. For all three of my meals we, were seated outside.

I am heading out to the beach today. The resort has their own chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas so I won’t have to deal with the crowds.

7 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like