Most Magical Time of the Year! Trip Report

Love your dad’s shirt!

2 Likes

What time do they start herding guests away from adventure and frontier lands? This could be a critical.hiccup in our vmah plans tues

After park close do you mean? I assume it’s after 8 that they start checking wristbands, but since we watched Enchantment I don’t know for sure. After Enchantment, they were definitely checking wristbands at multiple entrances to Tomorrowland so I assume it would be the same on the other side of the park and that would get the non-VMAH people out pretty quick

No I just mean if you come in the park at say 730, cN you still go to frontierland even though fireworks crowds have gathered? From what I read they steered you toward tmwland?

Ohhh okay, yeah they directed us to the right behind the shops on Main Street but I think if you wanted to watch the fireworks you could still go onto Main St. We didn’t try, but it didn’t seem like they were preventing it. Or if you went behind the shops, then you could probably fight through the crowds in the hub to get to Adventureland if you really wanted. But they were definitely pointing us toward Tomorrowland.

Friday was our final park day 🥲 On our way back from VMAH, we booked a 10:35am reservation at A&C for breakfast on our way to Epcot. I was planning on trying for a BG at 1pm again since it was 1:30am by the time we got back to our room, but I happened to wake up at 6:45am so I stayed up til 7 and got BG 35! And then went back to sleep :sleeping:

We made our way to A&C and checked in 20 mins early and our table was ready almost immediately. Breakfast was delicious! I had the ham and cheddar omelette, my dad got the blueberry and bacon pancakes, and my mom asked if they could make her adult plate of Mickey waffles. They said yes :blush:

We walked over to Epcot and noticed it was almost time for Father Christmas in the UK so we headed back to watch. We then shopped and saw Mary Poppins on our way out.

Our BG was called around 12pm so we headed over to France next. We watched a bit of Pere Noel but it was getting pretty hot and he was in the direct sun so we bailed and got in line for Remy. We were practically running through the queue compared to the other night! It took less than 20 mins compared to an hour which was much better. I am definitely glad we didn’t end up with a high BG again and a long wait.

I also enjoyed the ride much more that there wasn’t pressure of making the CP!

We then went to L’Artisan des Glaces and I got the pina colada sorbet which was perfectly refreshing. The BatB Sing-Along was just about to start after we finished eating, so we headed in there. I thought the show was cute, but not a must-do. A nice break in the AC though!

We wandered through some countries and were hungry for lunch when we made it to America so we ate at Regal Eagle. We all got burgers which were pretty good for your standard burger and the self-serve bbq sauces helped.

We then went to Karamel Kuche where I got the salted caramel pretzel cookie to eat later which ended up being a disappointment. It was dry and hard and crumbly and not soft like I imagined. It looked pretty at least.

We went through some more countries, sat inside Mexico for a while to escape the heat and ride the Three Caballeros (that queue with the plexi-glass up is claustrophobia-inducing when the line isn’t moving), watched the Pixar shorts, and listened to some of the 5:15 CP from America. Then it was time for our 6pm reservation at Via Napoli. We eat here every trip and it did not disappoint!

We shopped some more and then ended the night with a slushee from France :yum:

9 Likes

Saturday we got picked up from our hotel by Orlando Transfer again. Our driver, Pedro, was super friendly. He said he (and many other drivers) all drive for multiple companies in Orlando.

We waited in the super long and slow lines for bag check and security and were rushing to eat something before our flight, when they made an announcement about 10 mins after we were supposed to start boarding saying that there was a delay because someone on the previous flight clogged the toilet :grimacing: It was funny at first, but then we ended up getting delayed over 2 hours! The flight attendants thanked us for dealing with a crappy situation when we finally boarded :poop: I had no idea you could clog a toilet that badly!

Today I got to see Idina Menzel in the musical Wild so it was basically like I was still at Disney :grin:

But alas tomorrow is back to reality! Thanks for reading :blush:

10 Likes

Once, a doc I used to work with created “a situation” so bad it caused flooding parts of the first floor of the hospital and impacted the radiology suites.

He used to get so pissed when that ever came up. Too bad he wasn’t just pissed the day it happened!

9 Likes

Are they back?!? The booth was closed last week. @Dreamer @TheSafetyLady and I were distraught!

3 Likes

Omg :flushed::joy:

2 Likes

Yes apparently! I noticed it was closed on Monday and obviously open on Friday. No idea what day it actually opened though. I’m just glad it was open when we were still there!

5 Likes

It’s a Christmas miracle! France without slushees is no France at all.

7 Likes

Someone was face down in a grate in france having a tantrum over it IIRC

Oh wait, that may have been someone’s 2yo…

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I thought the same thing. It’s a slushy!!

1 Like

I thought no one saw me. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

So glad you all had such a wonderful and magical time!

2 Likes