More Star Wars? Iger comments

“Significant ‘Star Wars’ Presence Planned for Disney Theme Parks”

No details but at least an affirmation that something is coming. Star Wars is Coming To a Disney Park Soon - Disney Dining

3 Likes

Can’t wait to hear the details. I wonder if this will happen after Avatarland opens in 2017?

I’m both delighted by this and disappointed, if there’s not going to be a proper announcement till 2015 I can’t see it being completed till long after our planned trip in 2017 so we will have to postpone. But at least I know DH will definitely agree to the trip!

2 Likes

Unless there is a lot of high-end corporate pressure (and allocated money) to move fast on this, I can’t see it opening before Avatar. Construction may overlap, but if it’s going to be a Star Wars Land worthy of the IP, I don’t see it opening before 2018…

1 Like

May also have to take the DLR aspect into account. Word was that there was already an extensive SW addition to TL in DL that was green-lighted, but then got put on hold when MM+ went so drastically over-budget. If those plans are really as far along as some reports have indicated, Disney may well decide to do the DLR installation first, and then “clone” many aspects for WDW (especially since WDW just got NFL and will be getting Avatar Land in 2017 and DLR has had no major additions since Carsland in 2011)…

I hope I am wrong about this…

1 Like

I think with the backlash on speed the got from New Fantasyland and now Avatar, we may see mysterious construction before official announcements, more of Universal’s MO of late(is Kong in IOA even official yet?). Idol shutting down is likely to be part of this, but we may not get an official replacement announcement until after. It may well be the big “reveal” at D23 in August.

2 Likes

If you re-use Idol, Sound Studio, Indiana Jones, Backlot Express, & some of the area behind it, all of which abuts Star Tours, that’s enough space for a tiny mini-Star Wars-themed area. One would think the backlot tour space & all that empty space behind it would be more suitable though. There are endless possibilities for SWLand. I want a blue drink at the Mos Eisley Cantina. They should do this while Lucas is still living to consult with like Universal did w/JKR on HPLand.

2 Likes

They could also widen the world drive enterance and shut the 192 one and blow out the area back there.

1 Like

I hope that you are wrong. HS desperately needs a major refurb and Star Wars is the perfect franchise to go there.

2 Likes

If they’re looking for real estate to build, Lights, Motors, Yawn could go ANY time…

3 Likes

Snowspeeders please!!! I’ve never had a Hoth sequence in ST… Does one exist? Anyone seen one?

1 Like

Yes, there is a Hoth scene andit was infamous because the Imagineers didn’t want to do it because it didn’t fit into the continuity of the ride, to which Lucas responded “Who cares”

Well… Hollywood Studios is in serious need of attention and with all the recent shutdowns it seems they are gearing up for something other than some kind of “Frozen” crap. Star Wars Land or even a Lucas Land would be a sweet thing since they are in bed together already and it will fit in with the “Hollywood” theme of Hollywood Studios. I still would want to see more Studios aspects to Hollywood Studios… Doesn’t always have to be a dark ride, stage show or thrill ride. Having educational/informative attractions seem like a perfect fit to add back into the place IMO.

1 Like