More Misc Questions

We’ve passed the 60-day mark and I now have my next set of miscellaneous questions-

Pool Towels - Does each hotel pool offer towels to use around the pool or should I plan on packing beach towels?

Room Request - When do we know when our room request is confirmed? Meaning, when will we know if we got the room we requested?

Payment through Magic Band - Can each member of our party have their own credit card tied to their magic band, even though all of our reservations are linked and together? In other words, can my Magic Band have my credit card, my father in law’s magic band have his credit card? I assume we do it all through mydisneyexperience?

Lion King or Finding Nemo Musicals - Which is harder to get with fast pass? (Also, I thought I read that these were closing, but I see them as a possible fast pass….)

Disney Junior Dance Party - Crowd level is a 6 for the day we’re going. Is this pass necessary or should we trade for something else??

Fast Pass Sanfu- How to approach this-

So…after hours and hours and hours of planning, making lists, scouring maps, tracking crowds, reading blogs and finally creating a daily and hourly plan, I was able to arrange my priority fast pass list by day, by priority and exact time desired. I made my husband watch painful fast pass videos and we got up 30 mins early to make sure we had everything set, logged in, and a backup computer ready and logged in. I was ready to go! It all came down to that moment…and the heart was bumping and my hands were sweaty.

So 7am hits and we go to select fast pass and we GET THE STUPID IMAGE OF Olaf with his head missing with a “Oops! Something went wrong!” message. I nearly died.

Lots of tears later. Lots of curse words later. Lots of “Why did this happen to ME?” whining later. Around the 17 minutes mark, we were actually able to get in and grab the fast passes we wanted sort of around the time we wanted! The site kept going down and overall, it took about 70 minutes to snag 15 fast passes. Ugh! (Some of the rides we wanted were slightly later in the day, but we got what we wanted.) (EXCEPT Slinky Dog, which we couldn’t get onto until 5:55pm. We really wanted a morning time, in fact, that was our #1 priority but since it took us 17 minutes to actually get into the Disney site, I lost out.) I thought about calling Disney to beg for help and a fast pass but I doubt they will do it. Does anyone have any experience with asking Disney for FPs due to technical issues? As of now, Slinky Dog interferes with our dinner. I’m willing to rope drop HS at 6am but our plan was to do SWGE.

Dumb?

Are these dumb questions? I feel like I’m being overly detailed with things I want to know, but I guess that’s what being a liner is all about, right?

1 Like

V[quote=“yeahtoast, post:1, topic:62487”]
Pool Towels - Does each hotel pool offer towels to use around the pool or should I plan on packing beach towels?

Yes, there are towels at the pools, and water parks for resort guests.

Room Request - When do we know when our room request is confirmed? Meaning, when will we know if we got the room we requested?

When you arrive or get the text.

Payment through Magic Band - Can each member of our party have their own credit card tied to their magic band, even though all of our reservations are linked and together? In other words, can my Magic Band have my credit card, my father in law’s magic band have his credit card? I assume we do it all through mydisneyexperience?

Yes you can do this but you need to set this up at the front desk when you arrive. You can’t link more than one card online.

[/quote]

And there is no such thing as a dumb question. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

When you say, “get the text…” can you tell me more what that means? Should I start the check in process now? Does that help with anything?
(Been to Disney 3 times and Paris Disney 1 time) but it was before fast pass and texting (oh man, that makes me old…)

1 Like

If there is something else you want to FP do it! We have never needed a FP for this. We have had them in the past, but never needed one. I suppose if it was a really busy time of day the FP might get your kid better seating, but there isn’t really any difference.

If you do online check in there is no need to go to the front desk. They will text you your room number and a link to the resort map

I think the Lion King could fill up quicker than Nemo, as I believe the Nemo show is in a larger theater.
We did a Lion King meal package, so we didn’t have to use a FP for this.

FPPs are not necessary for FOTLK or Nemo. You could get them for potentially better seating, but by no means will you need one to get into a show. The theaters are both huge and great seating everywhere. Definitely take something else if one for a ride you want is available.

In general FOTLK seems to be a bit more popular.

1 Like

As for your question about MDE being down and getting the Olaf message. This unfortunately seems to be a relatively common issue. I had an error message for over 90 minutes on my FP morning. I called Disney technical support and they said it was system wide so everyone was having the same issue. I have read about many other people with issues with MDE from time to time. I highly doubt Disney will do anything for you if you call but if you have the time to wait on hold, it doesn’t hurt to call and ask. If the earliest SDD FP was 5:55, then I also highly doubt that 17 minutes earlier would have resulted in a morning FP time…maybe a FP for a few hours earlier but morning SDD is very hard or get unless you are looking for 60+5 or later.

1 Like

Thank you, this makes me feel better. I think if the site was down for me, it had to have been down for everyone so I guess we all had equal heartaches. And at least I got a pass for Slinky. I’ll settle for at least just getting one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes - if it was down for you, it almost certainly was down for everyone!

yea - I would go ahead and check in online and just make sure they have your mobile number so they can text you with your room number the day you check in and your room is actually ready

1 Like

So assuming you’re from the US, you can do on-line check-in, and provide a mobile number. You should get a text with your room number some time the day you arrive,

If you have a U.K. number, I don’t think they txt (probably to avoid the guest getting hit with any charges as a result). And also if you’re from overseas, including Canada, you won’t get the magic bands sent to you and will need to collect them from the front desk. And some people just never get a text anyway.

So it’s possible you will need to call at the front desk. Another reason of course would be to find out where your room actually is - if you’re not familiar with a resort it can be easier to just ask!

Edited to add: you said you wanted to link different CCs to people, so you will need to go to the front desk anyway.

i know this does not quite answer your question but TSL at dusk and night is so beautiful, and I actually prefer riding SDD then over daytime — if that is any consolation…

1 Like

Same thing happened to me when my 7am window opened this week - couldn’t get in through computer website. (I think the neighbours heard my cursing!)

I jumped straight onto my Mobile App and did them through there - no problems

I did make the mistake of making my FP for FOP first because I thought they would be the hardest to get - but should have realised that as we are going for 12 days and AKP in 2nd week they would be easier to get because not many had that window open to them on my open day. I should have done Slinky Dog first arrrgghh - I too ended up with stupid times on days we aren’t there but we will just shoot over to HS to ride it staying at Boardwalk so can walk over - so not the end of the world… I did get a day FP and night FP for SD.

Got everything else I wanted at the times I wanted - got 3 FPPs for FOP , so pretty happy

What I’m not happy about is the Tier changes to HS …oh well just have to go with it, certainly not going to let it affect our trip :slight_smile: