Morally questionable FPP question

Emojis can convey some of that though.

When used. But they rarely are.

Well then — when do we get to hear about all of these changes?!

Surely as adults we should be able to discuss whatever we want. At least it is possible to walk away from a thread if it becomes too confrontational for your liking.

To disallow sarcasm, for example, requires a huge degree of moderation. Personally I don’t want to be part of an online community which dictates what is “allowed”, other than normal rules of no racist comments etc etc.

It’s just one step,away from a moderator deleting anything they happen to disagree with.

4 Likes

You did start the conversation.

These threads are always an interesting read. I won’t think less of you.

2 Likes

I have enjoyed this thread quite a bit @profmatt. Maybe that is because I have done most of these things. I shall confess my sins so you know you are not alone.

1. I booked a throwaway room at AssSp that we never stayed in.
  2. I have 2 MDE accounts and have multiple ADR’s for the same time. Pretty sure some people are going to get my prime ADR’s for Easter when I release them.
  3. With my 2 MDE’s, up until they closed this loophole last year, we always had 3 prebooked FPP, and then at rope drop got 3 more per person at the kiosks. WDW is awesome with 6 FPP at the start of the day. Really sad they closed this loophole.
  4. I booked a fake stay right before my real stay for Easter. I made FPP 7 days early and got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. I then cancelled the fake stay.
  5. One time when we had free dining, we used my just turned 10 year old DD’s adult credits so we could eat at more TS restaurants, while buying her a kids meal out of pocket.
    I could go on and on. To me, these are just smart tips learned to make your trip better, not morally questionable things. That’s just my opinion though.
7 Likes

I want to be like you when I grow up. :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks, I think. I can’t tell if that is scarcasm or not. I forgot another morally wrong thing we do- make a breakfast ADR at The Wave so we can park at the Contemporary on our MK days. I make them on my extra MDE account that is linked to a credit card that no longer exists so no charge. Man I really learned a lot of bad behavior on Chat!

1 Like

Don’t forget the booking at the campsites to gain all the Disney perks and then staying at a friend’s house nearby for free.

I mean. I HEARD about someone doing this. A friend of a friend. :wink:

My only regret today is not getting to this post sooner. I missed some great opportunities for intellectual snark.

My advice about the morality question is; you do you as long as it is not a crime against another.

2 Likes

That is a classic. I haven’t used it yet, but someday, someday. I don’t judge anyone for taking advantage of holes in the system. If Disney doesn’t care why should I. Hate the game, not the playa.

2 Likes

Yep. And the fault also falls on social media for sharing all these tips to the masses. Any loophole found is then explained in detail on the internet to all of us Disney fans. Of course many are going to use the tips! Why wouldn’t someone want their trip to be the best it can be?

2 Likes

And the more the tip spreads, the quicker it goes to the Tip Graveyard. A quote from Ben Franklin- 3 May keep a secret if 2 are already dead.

3 Likes

No sarcasm. Although there is really nice people on this forum, let’s admit that sometimes some get on their high horse. Your post is refreshing to read.

1 Like

True!

1 Like

Thanks!

I just wanted to say…I have enjoyed reading through this thread.

I’ve read about most of Wahoohokie’s “tricks”, and while I personally wouldn’t do any of it, I figure if Disney didn’t want people doing those things, they would close the loopholes!!

I didn’t book the DDP, but I would totally do it that way if I had it!

Hey, you gotta do Disney smart. Although I’m happy everyone keeps going and spending their $$, my stock purchase is looking REALLY smart right about now. LOL

Also, I will add, it seems to be pretty common to book a fake room to book FPs early and then cancel it.

I will also add…at 30-days out before our huge family trip last month, more FP windows opened up and I was able to change all my afternoon FPs to the morning ones I wanted. (because I was lamenting that out Pandora FPs were for 6pm! (got them all switched to the AM)

2 Likes

Thanks, my head hurts. AGAIN! !! I just hope your dog doesn’t bite this 'questionable 'friend. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So I’m new to this. I learned a LOT tonight. BUT, I’m not just a typical tourist who stumbled upon this. I came here specifically seeking an answer to this exact question. I read Disney’s own terms and my own wheels started turning. After looking for nearly eight hours and finding opposite answers to the same questions, I think I finally have my answer. Point is, while I totally get how these Disney hacks can infuriate this community of regulars, I tend to think that this community of regulars is a pretty small slice of the overall visitor pie. BSOM, for example, has all of 302 ratings. TouringPlans owes its entire existence to observing the migratory patterns of the uninformed masses. While it seems like “everyone knows this stuff now!” I assure you that is not the case. If it were the case Disney would squish it right quick.

7 Likes

Well, coming from a Weekday Select Passholder point of view - I have only been able to ride 7 Dwarfs at rope drop and no more than four times since it opened and I go to MK monthly. I have never been able to get on Flight of Passage, and have only gotten on Toy Story Mania once in the last two years. You would not make any difference in whether I got my FPP or not, so I wouldn’t spit at you, but I do get frustrated that I can never get a FP for the newer rides.

I wouldn’t do it if it were me, though. My conscience would get to me, but I’m hyper-conscientious.

That probably didn’t help at all.