Monorail resort lunch

Thinking on our “rest day” that I might take DW to GF for a couples massage and quick service lunch at one of the monorail resorts. I am thinking of doing a table service dinner in Disney Springs. Anyone have a favorite quick service at one of the monorail resorts?

Geyser point is lovely at WL if you are willing to get on a boat. Trader sams at Poly is also fun - both are lounges so technically not QS, though I’m pretty sure Geyser Point does accept QS in the DDP if that is a concern.

1 Like

Not totally sure Trader Sam’s is open at “lunch”…

2 Likes

I’m obsessed with the Aloha Pork sandwich at Captain Cook’s (Polynesian). I ate it almost every day we were there last September and have been craving it almost every day since. :laughing:

3 Likes

If it’s nice enough to eat outside, Capt Cooks at the Poly at a table overlooking the pool area.
Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary is fun with the monorail overhead. (Never been to the QS at the GF.)

Both have pretty decent food, but the slight edge goes to Capt Cooks for me. It sounds gross, but the pork nachos with pineapple are delicious; it’s often my first meal of the trip :grin:

2 Likes

I wanted to try those nachos, but kept going back to the sandwich. I’ll def have to give the nachos a try this next time. :smile:

2 Likes

Ooo good call.

You could check out enchanted Rose at GF also - new lounge, haven’t been but meant to be really pretty. Disney food blog have the food good reviews, but is more apps than full meal.

Geyser Point is a quick service.

2 Likes

You won’t regret it. :yum: I haven’t tried the sandwich, but now I feel compelled to do that!

1 Like

Nachos and pork sandwich! Count me in, thanks for the advice

1 Like

I thought they did both - thanks for confirming

Captain Cook’s :drooling_face:

Not at lunchtime I don’t think

There’s a quick service window but is it still quick service if you sit in the bar area? Because that’s some table service level quick service. Would be a very fine use of a QS credit!

1 Like

I think that is what I’ve heard in dining reviews, but since I’m never on the dining plan I’ve never really been able to test it. I just checked the page in WDW site and it is referred to as a quick service - no separate lounge vs QS location page. All just under “Geyser Point Bar and Grill”

Yes, my son and his girlfriend was seated and waited on for a QS credit. They told me they loved the meal. Two entrees and two drinks ($63) two QS credits.

2 Likes

That is phenomenal!

Hands down best use of QS credit even far outpacing Flame Tree!

Will tuck this away for future use as we do not dining plan these days.

2 Likes