Monorail is closed after truck hits the beam. UPDATE. Monorail is back open Saturday May 22

1 Like

Dang it! Like we need transportation issues down there just now.

2 Likes

Yikes.

1 Like

So technically you can now walk to all of the monorail resorts and TTC? I wonder how desperate you have to be these days to do that in the heat!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Glad we are counting on scooters for transportation!

1 Like

Crap in a hat.

Hopefully after it is inspected it is structurally sound and just needs a few small repairs to the metal structures that look to be damaged.

If it is not structurally sound though… :poop:

5 Likes

Ferry :ferry: boats going to be crowded

2 Likes

Hop on the bus, Gus.

7 Likes

Yup. Gotta make a new plan, Stan.

7 Likes

Looks like it should be easy to repair. I wasn’t planning to use the monorail at all during my trip, except maybe once for kicks. But it would be cool to see, especially when we are at Contemporary. So hoping this is like a 1-2 day thing. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

You don’t need to be coy, Roy

8 Likes

Duct tape!

6 Likes

Gonna be busy on the ferry, Larry.

5 Likes

The answer is easy if you take it logically

2 Likes

If actually serious, looks like it’s only the inner resort loop. Wonder if they would be able to run it from Contempo around to MK, but then reverse it the other way back through GF and Poly to Contempo to just avoid the section where it happened.

2 Likes
4 Likes

The most hated person in WDW right now:

a large Badger vehicle had unknowingly had an apparatus extended upwards, striking the Express Monorail beam before coming to rest beneath the Resort Monorail beam.

8 Likes

Call Uber goober?

1 Like

Fortunately that looks like it should not cause any major structural damage.

2 Likes