Monorail Hours

What time do the monorails start running? On the Disney site it says it starts running 30 minutes prior to the opening of WDW. That just seems hard to believe when the rope drop is 60 mins prior to opening.

Anyone know the ‘real’ time?

What I found on the WDW site is a little different than how you said it. “The Walt Disney World Monorail System operates from 30 minutes prior to earliest park opening until one hour after latest park closing.” I think the key word you are interested in is earliest . I’m guessing then that the real time will probably vary each day according to extra magic hours ???

I used to worry about the timing, but never had cause to once there.

We don’t use TTC any more, but staying at Bay Lake we have found that the one time the resort monorail was not working they had buses running to Epcot.

DS and I did a tour on New Years Day at Epcot starting 8:15am. Opening time at every park that day was 9am. Left Contemporary at 7, headed to monorail, which was running. Got to TTC to find them doing final checks on the Epcot monorail. We were told we could wait for monorail or go to the bus that was waiting. We just got on monorail, first ones on. Got to Epcot by 7:30.

I think they post the schedule info to make sure no one can complain if monorail isn’t running. But they have buses to make sure people can get around if it isn’t running. You may still have to wait for a bus of course.