Moms Panel 2nd round questions

1.We’d like you to answer a sample question similar to those submitted to the Disney Parks Moms Panel. Please craft this as if your answer was going to be posted on DisneyParksMomsPanel.com. Feel free to refer to questions and answers already on the site, but we’d like to see your own style and personality shine, along with a heaping helping of Pixie Dust. Proper grammar, nomenclature, punctuation and information that is easily understood is vital. Your answer needs to be 201 words or less.
The December holiday season is fast-approaching! My family and I (my husband and our 9-year-old daughter) are planning a visit to Walt Disney World® Resort. What do you suggest as “must dos” to make it a memorable holiday celebration? We’ve never been in December. And how’s the weather that time of year? Thanks, Lillian

2.That question was so nice, let’s do it twice! Here’s another sample question similar to those submitted to the Disney Parks Moms Panel. Please craft this as if your answer was going to be posted on DisneyParksMomsPanel.com. Feel free to refer to questions and answers already on the site, but we’d like to see your own style and personality shine, along with a heaping helping of Pixie Dust. Proper grammar, nomenclature, punctuation and information that is easily understood is vital. Your answer needs to be 142 words or less.

Your question: My husband and I have been to Walt Disney World® Resort many times and love it. We’re both in our mid-30s and have been coming with our families since we were kids. We love to be active and also love all-things-history when it comes to the parks. This trip we’d like to try some of the recreation we hear about all over Walt Disney World® Resort property. We have 2 days – what would you suggest we consider booking? Regards, Flora

3.In 36 words or less tell us your favorite Disney Parks souvenir, and (briefly, of course!) why. (NOTE: This DOES NOT need to be phrased in the form of a “sample answer” like Question 1 and 2.)

4.In 119 words or less, please tell us which Walt Disney World® Resort restaurant you would recommend to a family of 4 (parents, six-year-old daughter and nine-year-old son) who would like to experience a nice table service Disney dining location. (NOTE: This DOES NOT need to be phrased in the form of a “sample answer” like Question 1 and 2.)

5.In 100 words or less, tell us a little about you.

6.In 200 words or less, tell us about your family and what makes a Disney Parks vacation special with them.

7.In 100 words or less, we’d like to know: what sources do you
visit/read/watch/listen to get the latest news about Walt Disney World® Resort?

8.VIDEO: What sets Walt Disney World® Resort apart from other vacation destinations for you and your family? Video must be 71 seconds or less, and 63 mb or less. Allowed video versions include avi, mov, mpeg, mp4, mpg, wmv, m4v. (NOTE: We are often asked, “What is the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Committee looking for in these videos? Any tips you can share?” Here’s the answer: we want to get an idea of your personality, as well as your opinion/knowledge about the question, in your video. This is your video, so relax, have fun and be yourself.)

2 Likes

My sister shared these with me, as she has also applied. Wonder where they came up with numbers like 201, 36 or 119 word and 71 limits?!

1 Like

@FlyerFan1973 I’ll tell you what I tell my high schoolers when I ask them to summarize an event in 32 words, no more no less. When you put a strict and very specific limit on the writing, it forces the writer to think about word choice and getting the most bang for the buck in the limited space. It works very well with many students. I can only imagine that some of that is at play here. Allowing 500 words allows people to get all verbose, throwing in extra words and wasting space, just like this sentence.

Interesting questions. I might give this thing a shot next year. Might.