Momma needs a break! Live(ish) Solo Trip Report

There’s something about a Bass ale in the UK pavilion that hits differently.

9 Likes

I’m not a beer person, but what are you eating there? I’m cold and hungry and that looks good! Enjoy your afternoon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a mushroom and chicken pastry from Yorkshire fish co. and it was delicious. Tastes like a pot pie.

5 Likes

Did you attempt to get a BG at the 1pm drop? People have been having better luck with that one lately.

1 Like

I tried with no luck. I tried to hit it at the 12:59:59 time but I think I’m doing it too early. I heard some others behind me got one.

2 Likes

I saw on the TP blog today that RotR had a rough morning. That probably made it so they didn’t hand out as many BGs at the 1pm drop.

1 Like

Yesterday was a busy day. HS until 2:30, a break for drinks in Epcot, and last a quick stop at MK for a nighttime ride on BTMR and splash.

A few photos from the day. Breakfast from TSL and a tour of Batuu. I think the Market is my favorite area of this land. I could spend a long time just looking at all the little details. Smugglers Run was only a 20 min wait so I hopped in line. I’m glad I did. It’s a fun ride and a very cool queue!

14 Likes

I also rode Star Tours (a fav for this 80’s kid), RRC x2, watched Muppets 3D, and the Frozen sing-a-long. I skipped SDD with a 50 min wait and MMRR which I have promised to ride first with my DS8 who is obsessed with Mickey cartoons.

11 Likes

Funny story from Epcot. Not once but TWICE I witnessed these seagulls and ibises flock and steal WHOLE pieces of fish straight off someone’s plate! Be warned if you eat by the water behind R&C. The birds are savage!

10 Likes

11 Likes

Was that Num Num Cookie your breakfast?! I like your style!!

Yes it was! It was so rich I couldn’t finish it but I didn’t regret it.

3 Likes

Today is MK and then I drive home in the afternoon. Disney time always goes by too fast!

5 Likes

What a nice break for you, but it sure did seem to go by fast! Enjoy MK today!

2 Likes

:laughing:

6 Likes

Yeah. Don’t do it early. That just slows you down because you have to reload a second time. Wait until it actually changes to the exact correct time. I have managed BG 5, 12, and 2 this way.

3 Likes

A few last photos from MK. I hit Tommorwland, Storybook Circus, and Fantasyland in the am but then the crowds rolled in about lunch time so I rode Pirates one last time, grabbed my DH some treats and headed back to the car. There were lots of performers out today between calvalcades, the marching band, and the dapper dans. It was a good ending to a wonderful little getaway. I’ll share a few final thoughts on the resort and such later.

11 Likes

I almost forgot to share the Tron construction. They were currently working on it and there has been a lot of progress since the last time I saw it a couple of months ago!

9 Likes

I’ll be honest - it looks like a scrap metal yard right now. :joy: I’m really excited to see it take shape though!

3 Likes

I just love the Little Mermaid “structure” and queue! One of the things that is definitely better at MK than at DLR.

3 Likes