MOMCATION! My First Solo Trip (but definitely not the last) Report (LOADS of pictures)

Fabulous trip report! Sounds like an amazing trip. I’m totally jealous and hope that I can do something similar one day.

1 Like

Thanks, this info is very useful…For some reason I thought you couldn’t use the MDE app for FPs once you were IN the parks…Now I understand that the Kiosks are mainly for people who don’t use the MDE app. So the MDE app is like DL’s MaxPass but you don’t have to pay extra for it. My adult DD and I are going in early May. Since we are NOT early risers, my 3 AK FPPs will be used by 2:30. So that means I could reserve FoP (to ride it again) when they drop at 3:01 or 5:01, right? Do you know when NRJ FP drop?

Is there a TP LIST of when FPs drops for all other major rides?

NRJ will drop at the same times as FOP. The 5.01 drop is the least reliable.

TSL rides drop at 9.31, 12.01, 2.31. SDD is rare though.

Test Track drops at 11.30, 1.30, 3.30.

That’s it.

1 Like

ok thanks

1 Like

Too bad my DH suffers greatly from FOMO. I never get to do anything cool by myself. I purposefully didn’t tell him that my school had an early release day today just so I could have a couple extra hours of peace. I love him, but that man does not know the meaning of alone time.

3 Likes

My DH is the same! If I mention that I booked a day off just to sleep in and relax, he books it off too.

2 Likes

What exactly does your shirt say? I can only imagine it’s hilarious.

“That one where I went to…”??

3 Likes

Not to disappoint but it just says “The One Where I Went to Disney World” and then “#momcation2019” on the sleeve. :smile:

10 Likes

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing! I’m taking my first solo trip at the end of May. I’ve been wanting to do one for a few years, so I’m super excited. Your report helped make me even more excited! Any advice for a solo-trip-first-timer? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

They have a jacket like that at forever 21 right now! It was so 90s, I took a picture.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I’m going with some girl friends (no kids!) in September but I definitely want a momcation soon too!!!

1 Like

OMG - I guess we are going to the mall tomorrow! lol
Thank you!

I have loved reading this! I was waffling between taking advantage of emh at ak during our trip or sleeping in that day…your pictures have me thinking SLEEP IN! Haha!

On your last picture, it looks like you’re taking home a Disney ghost!

Love that shirt!!

Thanks for sharing your trip report. What an amazing trip and a great way to recharge your batteries. Trip reports with pictures are the best and you have a great writing style too! That’s a funny airport story to end your trip and also I caught that Casablanca reference :wink:

They did that on my night too. It was annoying and unnecessary.

I do agree. One of my top photos that night

Sounds like a fun time. I ditched my son and his girlfriend on my last trip in September choosing not to stand in the hot sun waiting to see princesses. I rode pirates alone when I snagged a late day FP. Everyone else was in standby queue.

1 Like

LOVE IT!

1 Like

Enjoyed your report. I have been thinking about a solo trip for some time. Thanks for the inspiration.