Mom with FOMO + 18 mo old + Dis-hating Dad = WTH do I do?

crush amused ME lol. we went when DS was 2.5. but i’m easily amused :slight_smile: when DH saw today that i didn’t get him a special magic band (just me and DS, DD got pink and DH got gray) he was like “Am I that much of a curmudgeon?” I was like “no, I just didn’t think you’d appreciate a brightly colored bracelet.” He then said that he would wear matching T-shirts. So, guess what I’m doing?

1 Like

I generally agree, but for what it’s worth, I thought the food at Docking Bay 7 was very good.

I like this option. Don’t underestimate DD’s potential to love many of the Fantasyland rides (and how much you will love seeing her reaction). We rode the Carousel 4 times when DS was 13 months old … he was so happy and we loved watching him.

1 Like

Have you considered making 3/3 your “late” day at MK? Then you wouldn’t be rushed to get there from offsite. You could chill, go to WL if your room isn’t ready, ride the monorail. Then hit MK for the parade, afternoon fastpasses & fireworks.

I’m concerned about a late night at MK followed by an early morning at HS to grab a BG.

On 3/5 I would do morning at MK. The low crowds are fab & if you wake up early anyway I would take advantage of it.

2 Likes

Yes and this is the best plan, BUT, this will be DDs first night at poly. She will inevitably scream when we try to put her to sleep in a new place. Even if we take her with us to the fireworks, she will wake up and go nuts when we try to put her in a dark, unfamiliar room (and she also will not sleep WITH us, we are just too exciting lol, I cant even rock her to sleep.she just gets wound up)… I didnt want to leave that on a sitter. I guess I could just take her with us and hope for the best? Idk

This is another option. My worry here is saving fireworks til the last night and rain. Thoughts?

Mar 1-2: UO days, getting a sitter our first day so that we can ride all the headliners we want and then doing more experiential things/seuss land/shows that DD can do on day 2.
NOTE: our offsite hotel is 15m from MK (no I4 to battle either), so we could do FW this night? We have 6d tix
Mar 3: driving from offsite to poly (our poly res begins this day), peruse the monorail resorts, boat to WL/FW/ and then do 4pm HDD
Mar 4: Legoland for DS and DH, going for Epcot with DD, FEA, Character Spot and 1 more FP with her (any suggestions?)
Mar 5: BoG PPO ADR at 805, mobile order, fantasy fp+s, For crowd-averse hubby, FoF Tony’s dining pkg at 1240, then Harmony first haircut scheduled at 2, then reserved parade viewing area. Relaxing in room and then mom and dad go to dinner at Jiko or Saana and then AK after hours so I can ride FOP all I want without lines, etc.
Mar 6: HS, sitter for DD. The only real plan this day is to get in a BG and then wing it from there. Try to snag a sci fi reservation.
Mar 7: AK EMH if we are up. Or get FPs for soarin and test track. Late lunch at garden grill , fireworks dessert party. Worry here is start of spring break crowds and saving in park fireworks for last night. Would also require paying to upgrade to hoppers.

Also to consider
3/2: MKAH
3/3: EMM
3/4: pm EMH til 10
3/5: nothing
3/6: Am emh, VAH
3/7: nothing

If you had to choose from the following, when would you do a fireworks dessert party

• the night before you check into a monorail resort
  • the night of MKAH
  • the night of MK PM EMH
  • the night before early HS arrival to get BG for RotR
  • the last night of your trip

Cause those are my choices