Modifying WDW Resort reservation?

Yeah, never used a TA. My friend is for her fam of 6, 2 rooms in Oct. Gonna see how her expierence is. Shes optomistic. Im a control freak, lol

1 Like

Same.

Right, risk vs reward. U should have a back up plan reserved for the dates u want in case ur mod falls through. Id just stay the extra day and enjoy it!

1 Like

Well, really, that’s what we should have done. This was all due to DS20 not getting his finals schedule far enough in advance to get solid dates. We should have just gone without him and sent a bunch of pics from everywhere we went, haha!

Poor kid!

Yep! Its so hard going with other ppls schedule.

1 Like

A cancellation is just that it cancels the reservation/confirmation number, they are not recycled. A modify is the only way to keep confirmation number.

Don’t believe every CM has the correct answer. If you spend enough time here you will see it again and again where a CM provides incorrect information. It’s also possible for TA to be wrong but since 2014 I have modified to shorten sold out free dining without a problem.

In 2014 I had my only cancellation. I made a reservation in 2013. The agent cancelled that one to book free dining. Said it was easier than modifying my current reservation.

1 Like

Yep, you will certainly get different things from different CMs- including what constitutes a “cancelation”. :rofl:

From what I’ve gathered, it’s the computer program that’s doing the canceling and rebooking, not the CM. They call it a modification because it all happens smoothly and seamlessly at the same time, 99% of the time. But 1% of the time, they have to manually cancel the reservation, wait for it to be available, and then rebook it with whatever modification it is that you want. It’s possible that many CMs have never even had to do that & don’t know how it works, again, it’s a rare event.

It’s that 1% that’s the exception, and as the old saying goes, “It’s the exception that proves the rule”.

Ever called Amazon, lol​:joy::joy:

1 Like