Modifying and adding Fast Passes on the go

Yesterday I had the adult Disney orientation meeting for our group of 12. I went over a couple of daily touring plans and the weekly overall plan. (the change in wait times on Friday really messed me up) I explained about the modify, refresh and modify plan to get the most of our fast passes. They had a concern about me being on my phone all the time. So this morning I went on the Lines and Disney apps trying to figure out the fastest ways to check for, modify, and book fast passes on park day. Suddenly I am confused. Do I have to go to the MDE website to actually modify the fast passes while at the park? Where do I get the most current/accurate information of which fast passes are available all at once? So I am standing in line for the 3rd FP of the day. What comes next?

1 Like

You modify in the park on the app. At least you did in March. I know thereā€™s been an update. I will say, be careful to balance enjoying your time in the park with constantly having to check for new FPs. It can really take away from your ā€˜presenceā€™ in the moment. Even checking off your plan has a chance of doing that, because if youā€™re optimizing or doing other things to your plan, youā€™re not experiencing whatā€™s going on.

Also, I tried the Play Disney app and found the same thing. Itā€™s great if youā€™re in a long line up with people who want to play with you, otherwise, itā€™s just something else to take you away from your travel companions.

5 Likes

I agree too much on phone which is why I didnā€™t bother to modify. Definitely try to pick up more FPP after your initial 3 though.

2 Likes

You can use the app or the website - sometimes one is glitchy.

1 Like

Is there a place on the Disney app that shows same day FP availability for all attractions that you can click and book. I see the FP park availability on the Lines app but not on the Disney app.

Adding and modifying FPPs really does not take too much time. I find my family understood easily when they realized that a few minutes of me on my phone meant was fewer minutes in line. It does help if multiple people in your party know how to do it. Then you are not always responsible or, in my case, my mom and my brother in law really got into it. So it actually became a fun part of our park days to do together.

On the app, just hit the plus sign in the middle of the screen at the bottom and select fastpass at the top. Then off you go.

2 Likes

You just pick your park and then scroll through the attractions. If you donā€™t see what you want, refresh a few times to see if you can get it to pop up.

For hard to get passes, grab whatever you can find and then modify from there.

1 Like

Thanks, I figured it out now.

1 Like

I was able to add and modify FP from the time I tapped in while walking in line to the ride and was finished and had the next FP secured before I ever got on the ride I just tapped in for.

3 Likes

Just returned from our week long stay in the World. I used the MDE app to modify existing and obtain new FPs once I had used my 3rd. It was easy but remember ā€œdropsā€ for prized FPs donā€™t always happen. I had only one day at AK, used my Top tier FPP on FoP but definitely wanted another for later in the day. But the drops never happen probably because the ride was shut down for awhile. I was luckily to experience FoP at allā€¦My favorite ride!
I agree with the belief that constant modifying/optimizing FPs and TPPs can take away from the WDW experience and conversation with family and friends.

2 Likes

Trying to find FPā€™s for a group of 12 might be harder. For 3 people in my family I could usually get our next FP and modify from the point of tapping in to getting on the actual ride. Once on the ride I was always fully present.

1 Like

This had good links to tricks on modifying.

2 Likes

Absolutely! We had 6 on this last trip, and even with that sort of medium sized group, it was super helpful that a few members enjoyed playing the fastpass game. We would sort of stand in a little circle and all do it together so that we could do small overlapping groups.

2 Likes

I so admire people who can do this but I need to pay attention to where I am walking so canā€™t operate a cellphone until I have stopped. :grin:

4 Likes

Hi DJM - Was your ā€œorientation meetingā€ something you put together or is there a formal way to get such a presentation? I know the websites have numerous offerings but an orientation seems like a great idea

After you use your three FPs, how much does it cost to get the additional?

Only the time it takes you to select another on your phone

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure he/she just meant the adults in the party got together to discuss the trip.

1 Like

Still free.

I just got back, at the end of April. It was my first time trying to ā€œmodifyā€ FPP and manipulate the extra FPPs. (Iā€™d usually get my 3 FPP and then just snag a 4th for whatever and leave it alone.)

I will say that I was able to get 4 additional FPP on a CL 5 MK day, for a total of 7 FFP, and modify / move them to earlier times. One for Haunted Mansion and the others for smaller attractions that had 30+ minute standby queues. (My original three were JC, Splash, BTMR)

Would I do it again? Maybeā€¦ Because, in hindsight, I did feel like I ignored my family more than I wanted. I was always on my phone in queues and while walking. (Not enjoying the beauty & atmosphere of the park or spending the time talking to my kid.)

However, we didnā€™t wait for long on anything we wanted to ride doing this. So that was a big plus!

4 Likes