Moderate Resort Advice

Oh, that’s a valid question. I know that I would drive for the 5k, but my husband will do the 10k and the half. I honestly don’t know if driving is an option for him. Do you know?

parking at Epcot is pretty easy for the 10k. I’ve never, ever tried to park for the half or full so lets ask @MouseGirl42

Also, I believe the race course for the W&D half is different from the half and full of Marathon weekend’s (which start and end in the bucolic Epcot parking lots). I believe that I saw that previous year’s W&D halfs start in the MK magical parking lots, but I was unable to find the 2019 race course maps last time I checked so not sure.

1 Like

That’s good to know about the 10k. My husband is a morning person so being on a bus at 3 am may not bother him.
I did try to find the half course map online. I found one (not official) but I’m not sure it’s accurate because it did not go through MK and I thought the half would include all four parks.

Times are sure changing if POFQ is cheaper than CBR or CSR! Next week we are paying around $170 a night at CBR on a busy spring break/marathon weekend. CSR was the same and we were originally there but moved due to potential traffic issues to the airport on Sunday during the half. AP rates, but still pretty good. POFQ and POR were quite a bit more.

1 Like

the half can’t go through all 4 parks. too many miles! Marathon weekend its just MK and Epcot for the half. I think the previous year map i saw for W&D was AK, HS, and Epcot, with the start in the MK lot and finish in the usual Epcot lot.

2 Likes

Interesting. Maybe the skyliner has something to do with CBR being more expensive. And CBR and CSR have been renovated more recently–maybe that’s a factor?

1 Like

Oh, okay. The map I found may be correct then.
As many times as I have been to WDW, I really have no clue the mileage between parks. :rofl:

Parking is definitely not the biggest problem for a half - traffic getting there is.

While I don’t drive to the races, I have friends who do, and parking is not the issue - worst fast you’re walking as far from your car as from the bus drop off.

Everything I’ve seen makes me think that this year’s wine and dine will be very similar to last years- point to point, MK parking lot to Epcot aprking lot, with AK and HS between, but not through MK itself.

The trouble with a point to point course is that even if you drive, you still have to ride a race bus.

As I’ve never had serious troubles with the race buses, I would absolutely recommend them directly from your resort for a point to point race like wine and dine.

2 Likes

I agree – this is what I am planning to do as well. I may park at Epcot for the 10K though.

2 Likes

Good to know. I’m sure my husband will be fine with the bus. DS and I will drive to the 5k though.

1 Like

CSR is one of my favorite mods. The new rooms there are absolutely beautiful and it is the most deluxe feeling of any of the moderates – plus it has a great pool. POR would be my other choice of mod, since I love the vibe there as well as the boat to Disney Springs which is so much better than taking the bus.

2 Likes

Does anyone’s opinion change if I mention that my husband does not like Disney and is a hotel snob? He travels weekly for work so he can be particular.

Are amenities important important to him? CSR will have room service, a fitness center, three (?- is it 4?) restaurants, plus QS, multiple bars…the rooms are all recently renovated.

1 Like

Yes, amenities are important. He will want to go to the fitness center even though he will run a 10k and half marathon that weekend.

2 Likes

Then you want to book CSR since it is the only moderate with a fitness center.

1 Like

I was starting to lean that way. Thanks!!

1 Like

CSR all the way. That place is awesome.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice. I booked CSR. I have to admit I loved our recent stay at POFQ and I am starting to doubt my decision.

1 Like

I think you will find you will love each of them for different reasons but CSR will have the “extras” your husband will enjoy.

2 Likes

I need to remember that he will probably appreciate CSR more. Thanks!

3 Likes