Moderate Resort Advice

So 10 days I received an email reminding me I could sign up early for the Wine and Dine race in November (AP, DVC). I mentioned it to my runner husband who said no. That was fine until today when he said “I think I would like to do the Wine and Dine race.” :scream: Now most of the races are sold out so if we want to register for a race we will need to book a package through specific travel agencies. I received some good quotes already for some moderate resorts, but I haven’t stayed at them (we usually stay at POR for moderates). So the options are POFQ, CBR and CSR. I would love to hear thoughts and opinions.

1 Like

I’ve got nothing except to stay when I’ve perused the resorts a time or two out of all the resorts in WDW the ones that catch my (uneducated) eye are CSR #1 and POFQ #2.

Sounds like a fun “problem” to have. :blush:

1 Like

We stayed at CBR in December and liked it a lot. We were in a preferred room. Food was perfect for our family (breakfast by snack credit, occasional late night Mickey bar, occasional QS breakfast). Right now there’s a lot of construction in the standard part of the hotel (Aruba specifically) near the Riviera, but by November the Skyliner should be open which will be awesome and the Riviera construction should be in finishing touches and shouldn’t bother you (it opens December).

I will agree with @qwerty6. Funny, two years ago CSR would never be my #1 pick but it is now. I love those renovated rooms and the beauty of that resort. Also, the little things like multiple restaurants and a fitness center.

3 Likes

It is fun problem. I can’t actually believe my husband wants to go to Disney (he’s not a fan).
I’m staying at POFQ next week, but I don’t want to wait too long to decide this because of concerns about the race registration.

1 Like

Oh, good point about the Skyliner!

At times like this I’m reminded of the movie The Color Purple “beat him” ok it was “beat her” but beat him works here.

Tim tracker just did a vlog on CBR and CSR construction.

Hope this helps.
1 Like

This is so funny after our discussion Sat with @MouseGirl42 about runDisney and not being able to do it enough because your DH didn’t wanto! Congrats on his change of :heart:!

2 Likes

We loved POFQ! I can’t imagine staying anywhere else, it’s central, it’s small, only 1 bus stop.

3 Likes

I’ve stayed at each of the, moderates, except Coronado.

For me, I find that while they’re all fairly comparable for amenities, Caribbean Beach feels like home for me. Granted, I haven’t been since the construction, but I’m excited to get back to my “home” resort. Given the choices, I’d pick CB.

1 Like

I know!! It’s so weird, but I certainly won’t turn down a chance to go to Disney! And it’s been awhile since he has done a Disney race.

2 Likes

Thanks! I finally got a chance to watch it. There is certainly a lot of construction, but I think it would be complete by November.

Have you decided which one you’d like?

No, I’m so indecisive at times. I’m thinking CBR or POFQ. I am staying at POFQ next week so maybe I should mix it up. But DS loves beignets at POFQ (even though we have never stayed at the resort) and we often drive there just to eat them.

1 Like

We are staying at CBR the end of next week. I always liked the resort, but haven’t stayed there since the construction started. We are going to eat at Sebastians one night. I think the Skyliner access to HS and Epcot, plus the new restaurants at the DVC next door, are going to make it a popular place. We have also stayed at POFQ once and CSR a few times. I like them all. CSR, CBR, and POR pretty much feel like the same resort to me, just with different themes. The renovated rooms at CSR may have changed that though, they look nicer than the others right now.

3 Likes

I am probably overthinking this and I need to just make a decision. I don’t think I can go wrong with any of them.

This. Honestly, if my family were smaller and we just did quick visits, almost any of the accommodations would work for me. I’d go to any of the ones you’ve listed. Maybe staying at something you’ve never seen before would be fun. Though being close to your favorite foods would definitely be on MY radar.

1 Like

Go with cheapest option. May as well save a few bucks since you go often!

3 Likes

since you are going for the race weekend, is there an advantage to be at one of these for easy insane morning line-up?

1 Like

Good point. That would be POFQ.

2 Likes